CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 954RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-954rr-21/)
-   -   UK 954 - Selling.... should i remove extras ? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-954rr-21/uk-954-selling-should-i-remove-extras-149070/)

Hudson 09-10-2013 02:04 AM

UK 954 - Selling.... should i remove extras ?

I live in the Uk and am looking at selling my 2002 954, i have fitted a few expensive extras over the time and wanted to know if buyers understand the value of these and would pay extra for them ?

Extras i thought of removing are -
Ohlins rear shock
Gilles Variobars
Pazzo Levers
Gilles Shift support.
Comfort seat.

The bike has only done 5,000 miles and as you would expect is mint.

Thanks.

cBrentb 09-10-2013 02:19 AM

yep, sell em. i would.

Conrice 09-10-2013 07:24 AM

The nice thing about selling it all at once is that you get all of the money you're going to get right away.

But you won't get all of the money you "could" get out of the extras, but you might have to sit on them for a bit while they sell on ebay or whatever

And, why are you selling?

Ironhead 09-10-2013 01:58 PM

Unfortunately......Hop ups on motorcycles never fair well for resale. If you are looking to put the most cash back in your pocket. Peel all those aftermarkets and sell them seperately. But then again...You may run into a buyer that will truly respect what you have done and pay the premium for a 954 with only 5K on the clock. The Bike is getting harder and harder to find. Let alone going through the process of finding aftermarket bits for it.

PS. Dibbs on that rear Ohlins if you decide to sell it....

Hudson 09-11-2013 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ironhead (Post 1250018)
PS. Dibbs on that rear Ohlins if you decide to sell it....

Yep, no problem. I had a look on ebay recently just to find out how rare they are.... going back via all the past sales i could only find 1 which sold for £600 2 weeks ago ! So yes, i will be removing it and the other extras. I tend not to fit ' tat ' so all the bits will have a decent value, but your right about the bike, i could also not find another 954 in the country with my mileage and the extras. Its just finding that buyer who is after such a bike, there will be no px as the dealers will only offer book which given how rare the bike is would not be the best move for my pocket :icon_wink: Thanks for the info.

Conrice 09-11-2013 07:47 AM

So why are you selling it?

Hudson 09-12-2013 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1250141)
So why are you selling it?

I have used it on the days when its sunny..... not raining..... and my work shift times finish at 17.00hrs (due to heavy traffic on the roads). My shifts are changing so that these rush hour finish times will not be so often, therefore the bike really will not get used at all. I tend not to go on ' blasts ' and only really use it to go to work and back on the really nice days (not so often then in the UK) and when it will help me cut through the traffic. Thats it really, using the bike when i work a 'late' just makes no sense as it takes me longer to get my gear on and ride home than using the car !

Conrice 09-12-2013 11:01 AM

Too bad man. But I understand.

Ironhead 09-12-2013 05:04 PM

Try selling it for the price you want with all the Aftermarkets on it First. If someone is truly interested in it. They will appreciate the add-ons and figure out that if they stay in your ball park. They will come away with a well set up machine. If they want to offer a price that more closely resembles your bike in stock form. Then let the buyer know all the aftermarkets will be stripped for that price. I bet they come around real quick to your way of thinking.
Of course this theory will only work for that buyer targeting a 954. Let the Buyer educate themself on this particular model and see what happens.
Just .02cents my friend. Good Luck either way!

Hudson 09-13-2013 02:40 AM

Thanks for all the input, i will go with what Ironhead says first, always worth a go, and your right if someone truly knows what these bikes are and the type of extras i have fitted they may well understand the real value of them, if not and they are more awestruck by ' shiny bling '.... then the Ohlins etc come off and its no issue. Thanks again.