Total bike rebuild where to start - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Total bike rebuild where to start

Old 11-29-2018, 03:15 AM
Default Total bike rebuild where to start

Hey guys I'm I was giving a cbr954rr free title and everything the frame is in good condition buildings the bike all over help me on any pointers on where to start. What's a good place to look at on how to do it the right way

Old 12-01-2018, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

It depends on your level of experience and budget, generally

If the bike has been on fire, your chances of an easy fix are low. ECU and wires are probably all long-gone. Honestly it's probably worth more in parts, or for spares. Fire damage isn't really a beginner-friendly project, but don't let me stop you from trying. Almost anything can be fixed with enough time/money, and if you enjoy that kind of work, it can be satisfying

At a minimum, get a manual, and start working through the troubleshooting steps. Keep track of your work, and don't sink a lot of money into it until you're reasonably sure it can be fixed

Good luck