CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Selling my 954 :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my 954 :(

I feel like the only time Im having fun on it is when Im pushing the limits which is going to end badly for me one day. So Ive decided to sell it and maybe pick up another one someday when I can afford to do track days regularly. Anyone else feel this way?

Old 11-13-2010, 05:45 PM

exactly the same feeling for me man... i feel like even though i dont ride like a complete dumbass all the time, i do ride wreckless at some points and feel like if i keep riding then its only a matter of time before something happens, whether it be directly my fault or not. thats why i got into wheelin' and bought a lifted cherokee for the price ill end up sellin my bike for, so its a good tradeoff. figure i can be a dumbass in that thing in the woods and stuff and the only thing thatll be gettin hurt is the truck itself for the most part haha

Old 11-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hate to say this but...

It wouldn't matter if you had a 954 or a Ninja 250. Any bike will kill you if you ride for the wrong reasons. Our bikes go from 0 to Stupid in less than "I wonder if this is a good idea". Only thing a smaller bike would do is lull you into a false sense of security.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:31 PM

Bro dont get rid of it cuz u think you will hurt/kill yourself. I hate hearing people say "if i got a bike i would kill myself.." As a adult you should know when and where is the place and have self control. I dont ride for **** like that anymore but i will keep a bike in case i got that itch. I have the blue title to mine and insurance is like 100 a year. Why should i sell mine? that is what you should ask yourself......

Old 11-13-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
As a adult you should know when and where is the place and have self control
What he said

Old 11-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, I agree w/ pimpn. It doesn't matter what you're riding. You're the one who turns the throttle. Control yourself, man!
But if you can't.... then yeah, sell it off.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your afraid of getting hurt then don't ride at all.IMO A good friend of mine had a 954,was out riding normal and all of a sudden got scared and got of his bike to never ride again.Wasn't being a dumbass out riding just thought of his family and decided not to ride any more.I respected his decision and agreed with him,just not my time yet.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Well I see it in this perspective :

Days where I just ride without a care in the world

Days where I'm in the groove ...... twist that throttle to the max

Days where .......meh I'm not in the mood ........head back to base asap

Days where........confidence is not there ..... Not Happened Yet and
hopefully never will but if it does ....... yeah ........time for a break I'd
say ........do not ride if you are no longer confident in your abilities to
control your bike and your life with it.

Last edited by Sprock; 11-14-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:36 PM

Well mainly what Im referring to is the twisties. And confidence isnt really the problem, more like too much confidence lol. Ive tried just going out for a cruise and taking it easy, but it never works I end up doing crazy stuff anyway I cant help it. Really the way I like to ride belongs on a track period. In an as much of a controlled environment as possible.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you need to do is this. Find yourself a good group of like-minded riders. Local sportbike riding club. Get some weekly rides going. You get to not only meet new friends. But share in your joy of riding on 2 wheels. You have the opportunity to share what you have learned. But also watch and learn from other riders as well. You also bring "Group" riding to the table. You will find that it will add a different dimension to your riding. I love to go out and run solo! But I am also lucky enough to have a very large group of local riders that have an incredible level of skill. Our group rides are nothing short of Incredible! Winter around here finds us at local watering holes doing some serious bench racing! We have formed bonds that will last a lifetime. We do Family gatherings, Holidays, etc. There is not a checkered flag or qualifying times on public roadways. You must remember this. If you can not control yourself out there and keep it for the track. There are many skills you can work on out on the roadway. Line choice, throttle control, entry and exit speeds, Braking, braking, braking....You can never have enough braking practice! If you dont want to do that. Then maybee it would be best to say good bye to the sport. I bet if you think outside the box though. You will find a happy medium! Best of luck on your decision!

Quick Reply: Selling my 954 :(