CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Riding while concealed....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding while concealed....

Anyone have problems, issues, thoughts, ideas about riding while carrying a concealed firearm? Iam nota bidfan ofholsters that fit inside my jeans but am cautious about the barrel hanging out of the bottom of my jacket.. I like to tuck my shirt in when I have my riding jacket on but then I'm really exposed.. Curious if anyone has been harrassed by law enforcement about this. Technically they can not do anything since I hace a CFL.
I really don't think that tailgating jerk is going to stick around for long... But I'd rather not advertise and don't find it practical to use a shoulder holser...

andI don't really want to use a tank bag or put it under the seat.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Riding while concealed....

ORIGINAL: CBRinPDX

I really don't think that tailgating jerk is going to stick around for long...
Why? You gonna BWAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAH shoot him?

HAHYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaahahAHAHAhah

Old 09-22-2007, 03:14 PM

No. I'm not gonna shoot him/her without cause, but I think it may be a motivating factor for people to behave..

Old 09-22-2007, 03:46 PM

I understand where ya comin from but if a kid on a bike pulls a gun on me he or she will be a new speed bump. Sorry to be like that but its true

Old 09-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny as hell thread right here kids.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:55 PM

Are youa police officer? state trooper ? are you in law enforcement what so ever ? Yes I have an "issue" with that. I think carrying a gun "PERIOD" is askin for trouble unless you are an off duty policeman. All I see is trouble, youpoint that gun at somebodyover something stupid and you might regret it [>:]I have never had the need to point a gun at anybody for any reason.Sorry to come off like an ******* [sm=bustedsign.gif]but man thats some crazy **** ! pointing a gun at a tailgater, you better hope to God he don't have one and he's more prepared than youto use it, all because you pulled a gun [:@]I understand the whole tailgater thing, being on a bike we are open to all kinds of accidents, but thats a little overboard pointing a gun at some one for tailgating, maybe if the guy wastruelly out to really kill you, but you gota prove that in a court of law. We are not the "Hells Angels" we as sport bike riders want a positive image its bad enough some tend to be Holigans on their bikes (nobody on this forum would do that) we don;t need the image of a gun toting Holigan. I realize you said you would never use it without "cause" whats that ? dude in all the time I have been riding I don't think I have had "cause" to shoot any one. Leave the gun at home, save it for the homicidel burglar [8D]

Old 09-22-2007, 04:21 PM

NO NO NO NO youguys are getting WAY off track here.

I am not saying that I am going to point a gun at a tailgater. Read the post. What I am asking here is if the end of my holsterbeing exposed will cause any problems. THAT's IT

I am not carrying because I want to intimidate people on the road. If that was the case I would carry it out in the open. Hey I might as well sling an AR over my shoulder...

No I am not pointing guns at people.
No I am not trying to intimidate people.
No I not some ******* hooligan kid that is trying to be a tough guy.

And why do you say that only law enforcement is allowed to carry a firearm? Who are you? What is your background? What have you been through? Ever been robbed at gun point? I have. Ever had a large group of guys run up on you at night? I have. Ever been in a situation where you and or your loved ones were in danger? I have. Don't tell me that I cannot excercise my constitutional right.

Now I did not start this thread to start a political debate. I am not here to get into a pissing match with anybody. I am not pointing guns at anyone. I am not making threats to anyone. I am responsible, matureand well trained.

All I wanted to know is if having the holster slightly exposed is going to stirr up BS. But I suppose it's already been found....

Old 09-22-2007, 05:02 PM
VP

yeah it'll stir something up ... as soon as an officer sees it you're gonna get pulled over every time, searched, harrassed, etc. etc.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:07 PM

Ya I read the post "a motivating factor to make people behave" that means you would be the one in charge cuz you have a gun. You ask if " the end of my holster (with a gun in it)being exposed will cause any problems, well maybe. And why are "only law enforcement allowed to carry guns" ?cuz they are trained for it, where did you get your training ? and no, I have no training and I am NOBODY! no never have been robbed, never me ormy famillybeen in danger, but then you never said"WHY" you carry a gun so I was basing my opinion on the on theinfo you gave us here, sorry if I bent you, I know you have a right to carry a gun, but again you did say "a motivating factor to make people behave" that makes people think yer a gun nut . We have alot of people onhere andsome own guns, check out the "All my guns thread" some people are ready for "armagedden" thats their and your "rights", you are absolutly right for the way you feel, but the post was kinda open ended, sorrybut it was "my" oppinion on "carrying guns" on bikes
ORIGINAL: CBRinPDX

NO NO NO NO youguys are getting WAY off track here.

I am not saying that I am going to point a gun at a tailgater. Read the post. What I am asking here is if the end of my holsterbeing exposed will cause any problems. THAT's IT

I am not carrying because I want to intimidate people on the road. If that was the case I would carry it out in the open. Hey I might as well sling an AR over my shoulder...

No I am not pointing guns at people.
No I am not trying to intimidate people.
No I not some ******* hooligan kid that is trying to be a tough guy.

And why do you say that only law enforcement is allowed to carry a firearm? Who are you? What is your background? What have you been through? Ever been robbed at gun point? I have. Ever had a large group of guys run up on you at night? I have. Ever been in a situation where you and or your loved ones were in danger? I have. Don't tell me that I cannot excercise my constitutional right.

Now I did not start this thread to start a political debate. I am not here to get into a pissing match with anybody. I am not pointing guns at anyone. I am not making threats to anyone. I am responsible, matureand well trained.

All I wanted to know is if having the holster slightly exposed is going to stirr up BS. But I suppose it's already been found....

Old 09-22-2007, 05:16 PM

Look PDX, as soon as i get back home im gettin my conceiled. Im going to have a sholder holster tho, somethin i can hide when i zip up my jacket. For christ sakes i carry a m4 wit me everyday and its been like that the past 11 months (protection) and i will have it another 4. I have a 9mm at home and i got it for the same reasons: protection. And yeah if i have my license i will carry it and follow all the rules involved with it. Sure fine let the police harrass you but your not breaking any law as long as your not showing it off and it is conceiled. You have a right to carry a weapon, your record was clean enough to purchase and its being used for the right reasons so find the holster for you and ride! Look to hell what people in this forum think, how many times has a thread been started about a debate and it went in the right direction? And let that ******* that INTENTIONALLY runs you off the rode try it, "protection my friend" and im not sayin shoot at him, just disable his vehicle like he tried to do yours (GO FOR THE TIRE). If you feel your life is threatened(and being run off the road at 70 mph is life threatening) thats what the piece and license are for. Its about protection not being a billy bad ***, just dont get stupid with it (which im sure your mature enough to not do). Do what you do, who gives a **** about what other people think, its your gun!

Quick Reply: Riding while concealed....