CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

replicals andspark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replicals andspark plugs

wierd combo for a title of a post but theres 2 questions here. 1st off anyone have experience with replicals.com I ordered from them on suday but have gotten no confirmation email and when I log into my account the order says "prosessing". I shot them an email yesterday about the status of the order but no reply yet. Also I'm changing my oil and filter this weekend and was contemplating changing the plugs while things were apart. How big of a job are we talkin with changing the plugs. What all needs to come off? Thanks guys.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Default RE: replicals andspark plugs

no experince with that web site, but with spark plugs i did it with no prior experince with sport bikes ever in about two hours from start to finish, 1. Unbolt the tank and you have to find a way to hang your tank up, what i did was put a rope threw the opening in the tank where the bolts were and hang it on some rafters in your garage, tree etc.., 2. unbolt the cover of the air intake off along with the air dams, 3. Remove the air filter and the cilinder intakes to remove the entire air box (you must unclick the two sensors attached) and you will see a black rubber pad just pull that up and you will see the plug stems attached to the coils which just unclick, now getting the stems in and out is tricky you just have to pull hard to get them out and angle them in a way to pull them completely out. 4. use the tool in your kit that came with the bike to remover the plugs, they should stick in the tool eneough to hold them to get out of the engine. 5.Put back together.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:52 PM

great info man thanks.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dizzle46

no experince with that web site, but with spark plugs i did it with no prior experince with sport bikes ever in about two hours from start to finish, 1. Unbolt the tank and you have to find a way to hang your tank up, what i did was put a rope threw the opening in the tank where the bolts were and hang it on some rafters in your garage, tree etc.., 2. unbolt the cover of the air intake off along with the air dams, 3. Remove the air filter and the cilinder intakes to remove the entire air box (you must unclick the two sensors attached) and you will see a black rubber pad just pull that up and you will see the plug stems attached to the coils which just unclick, now getting the stems in and out is tricky you just have to pull hard to get them out and angle them in a way to pull them completely out. 4. use the tool in your kit that came with the bike to remover the plugs, they should stick in the tool eneough to hold them to get out of the engine. 5.Put back together.
+1

Old 04-10-2008, 09:05 AM

Hey let me know how you make out with the decals, I need some also and tapeworks isnt carrying the honda stickers right now.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:32 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: dizzle46

1. Unbolt the tank and you have to find a way to hang your tank up, what i did was put a rope threw the opening in the tank where the bolts were and hang it on some rafters in your garage, tree etc..,

look under the seat, there is a gold rod, that is your gas tank prop rod, dont worry i looked at it for two years befor i figured it out, then i see it in my manual "huh no ****, that's what that's for" I think those were my exact words

Old 04-10-2008, 06:32 PM

the guy at replicals emailed me back and said he shipped my decals a acouple days ago. I havent received them yet but I will let you know. Also I dont have any tools that came with the bike they werent included. What exactly are they?

Old 04-12-2008, 12:49 PM

ORIGINAL: mowdiddy

Hey let me know how you make out with the decals, I need some also and tapeworks isnt carrying the honda stickers right now.
here you go http://www.tapeworks.com/HONDA%20Pages/CBR954.html

Old 04-12-2008, 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: dizzle46

n1. Unbolt the tank and you have to find a way to hang your tank up,
For future reference, When you take off your seat (riders seat) there is a metal pole snapped in there. Pop that out and it is a tank holder (like a hood on a car)