CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Red Light Flash Error Help plz. So Cal

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Light Flash Error Help plz. So Cal

I'm new to this forum & I just recently got a 02 CBR 954RR about a month ago. Today I was riding my bike & all the sudden I started seeing a red light flash & my bike started to lose power & eventually it turned off & wouldnt start. I pulled over & tried to start it but it wouldnt start. I recently put HID's on the bike & I decided to disconnect the HID ballast from the bike & tried successfully starting up the bike. On a side note, once I got the bike started I turned on my high beams because my HID low beam is now disconnected & instantly the bike turned off again. I started up the bike w/ no low/high beams on at all & the bike started once up again. Is the lost of power/red light flashing just a case of a battery gone bad? Or is it possibly something else? Any suggestions/knowledge would be much appreciated.
Also I was wondering if anyone that lives in Southern CA know any good motorcycle shops that do services for well cheap haha. The one I always went to AREA51 which such a great place shutdown because the son head mechanic had a accident & sadly pass away (rip mike cipres)

Old 08-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Default RE: Red Light Flash Error Help plz. So Cal

I've not had that problem, sorry I can't help. IMO, your lights are hooked up incorrectly. Perhaps a faulty, cheap?, setup that is grounding out or backfeeding the system...

Old 08-26-2008, 02:47 AM

have to say i agree with cbrinpdx. there is a problem in your upper harness. some of those wires relate to the TOS and if there is a problem there the bike will not start because it thinks its tipped over. when you disconnect them and turn off the high beams it does not get that signal. . . thats just a guess. i would take apart the front end, its fairly simple, and examine the front harness and the HID stuff. something could have been moved around or cut when you installed the HID kit. And i have a upper harness for sale lol

Old 08-28-2008, 01:40 AM

Today I installed a new battery to see if it would fix anything & apparently it did not lol. I completely disconnected the HID system. For some reason, if I install in a halogen bulbs for the low beams the bike turns on for 1/2 a second & then turns off. But if I take the low beam halogen bulb out (meaning there is no bulb/lighting for low beams) then the bike turns on & runs fine. I'm going to bring it to a shop. I was also wondering how much it would cost to replace a blown gasket because my bike is VERY slowly leaking oil & my friend said that it's a blown gasket. Anyone know any good prices/labor in southern california?

Old 08-28-2008, 02:09 PM

wat part of southern cali? I'm in San diego i know National City motorcycle dose good work for a good price. I'm taking my bike in on friday to get looked at by them.