CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

PC3 Help for CBR 954

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC3 Help for CBR 954

I am currently using a half yoshimura system, and a K & N filter and am on the Yoshimura half system map on the website.
I have recently bought a devil cansister (mainly for the devil exhaust note) and intend to make a small adaptor pipe to replace the yoshi can.
Would this require me to change the map? There isnt a dyno anywhere around where I could probably check what power it is indeed making with the yoshi currently to compare it with the devil. Besdies the Devil would mostly even sound better and I do not want to go with the perception of sound.

p.s. If anyone wants to buy the devil can, leave me an offer. Its never mounted, totally mint with mounting harware included.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

you'd probably be okay. what i would do is try a few maps over a week or so. load a map, use it for a day, then the next day, try another one. or, you could keep your map and if there is a flat spot or performance goes down somewhere, you could add or take away fuel using the three buttons on the PC

Old 08-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Devil high mount on mine,I use the Two bros. 1/2 system map and feels good and has power thru out power band.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help riverzzr. Appreciate it.
I received almost the same response from Dynojet too. However i wrote to them again.

My second email to them:
Thanks for the prompt reply, appreciate it.

It would be great if you could help me understand the following though:

If using a different cansister doesn't require a different map, why does the website have different maps for different bolt on exhaust pipes?
Current the bike uses a yoshimura tri oval half system upto the 'Y' pipe.
Following are the physical differences in the cansisters:
1. The internal diameter at the inlet is slightly smaller on the devill cansister which is why I would be fabricating a new adaptor pipe but with a slightly smaller diameter ( a couple of mm). The collector ('Y') will continue to be the yoshi which came wiht the Yoshimura TRS unit.
2. The Devil can has a slightly larger outlet than that of the yoshimura.
3. The Devil can even looks larger than the Yoshimura tri oval pipe.

---------------------------------
Their Response:
I wish our website did have a single map for all bolt-on muffler applications. That would make my job a lot easier. We provide as wide of a database of maps as we can for our customers. But in reality, you probably wouldn't be able to tell one from another by the seat of your pants. I think more than anything it just makes our customers feel better to have a map that says it was made for exactly what they have on the bike. The fact remains. If you are looking for a perfect map you must custom tune the unit instead of using a predeveloped map.
-----------------------------

I'm all the way in India where good help for these fancy machines is hard to find, let alone someone who can custom tune it for me. Even dynos are not really accessible as such. I think I'm just going to hafta go with the butt dyno on this, or probably sell the Devil to keep myself from being fickle minded about an exhaust.

If I do hook on the devil, I will get try the two bros map and compare it with the Yoshi half system map.