CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Need some turnsignal input

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some turnsignal input

I wanna change out the stockers. I however don't want to do a intergrated in the rear tail light. What I want is flush mounts for the front for sure. What looks great but at the same time don't need to put in a resistor??? So I need input for front and rear. Maybe some pics or link would be great for the product.

Thanks

Dana AKA BadS1

Old 02-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the stock bulb type rear signals, then the Lockhart Phillips Turn Six will work without resistors. I had a Hotbodies undertail with LED's and I needed to add an electronic flasher. This thread explains how to do it:
CBR954RR LED Turn Signal Flasher Relay - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Anyway here are some pics of my flushmount LP signals

Old 02-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

you can put in LEDs in the front, it'll just have "enhanced flash" - which i like. if you integrated the tail, then you'd have to run a resistor if you had LED flushmounts...

they still make flushmounts that use an incadescent bulb. i have a pair that i can give you if you want

they look like this

that picture is not mine, but they look just like that. they're 2 wire (so no running light), they don't have plugs , so you'd have to splice them or butt connector them, but they do work, i just checked them on a battery.

and they mount really really easy. all you have to do is unscrew the back plastic collar, stick light through fairing, screw back on plastic collar on inside of fairing until it's tight around the fairing. works great, it'll flash just as normal (not enhanced as with an LED). they look really good (especially compared to the stockers).

$10 shipped if you want them. PM me if you want

Old 02-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

These are regular bulb KZ500's on the front. Old school, for sure, but I've always liked the look.

Ern

Old 02-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

really ern, tina turner? hahaha, thats the old school in the pic.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to jack the thread too far south, but that was during her "What's Love Got To Do
With It" tour. Dang! That woman can SING! To further obsfucate the trail, That's a
Little Feat, "Waiting for Columbus" tour t-shirt beside Tina. My wife, DD, quilted a
bunch of my old concert t's into a big blanket. God, I love that woman! lol

Ern

Old 02-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
My wife, DD, quilted a
bunch of my old concert t's into a big blanket.
that's really badass man.

and to all the haters

hahahaha

Old 02-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
you can put in LEDs in the front, it'll just have "enhanced flash" - which i like. if you integrated the tail, then you'd have to run a resistor if you had LED flushmounts...

they still make flushmounts that use an incadescent bulb. i have a pair that i can give you if you want

they look like this

that picture is not mine, but they look just like that. they're 2 wire (so no running light), they don't have plugs , so you'd have to splice them or butt connector them, but they do work, i just checked them on a battery.

and they mount really really easy. all you have to do is unscrew the back plastic collar, stick light through fairing, screw back on plastic collar on inside of fairing until it's tight around the fairing. works great, it'll flash just as normal (not enhanced as with an LED). they look really good (especially compared to the stockers).

$10 shipped if you want them. PM me if you want

Conrice ya got PM sir.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:31 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BadS1
What looks great but at the same time don't need to put in a resistor???
Don't be afraid to add LED lights because you think you'll need to modify the wiring and add a resistor. SuperbrightLEDS sells LED compatible flasher relays that replace your stock one for around $9.

Just remove your old one, plug in the new relay and you're all set. Scroll down to the bottom of the page on the link I provided for the motorcycle applications. I have the LF1-S-Flat and it plugged right into my OEM connector.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Don't be afraid to add LED lights because you think you'll need to modify the wiring and add a resistor. SuperbrightLEDS sells LED compatible flasher relays that replace your stock one for around $9.

Just remove your old one, plug in the new relay and you're all set. Scroll down to the bottom of the page on the link I provided for the motorcycle applications. I have the LF1-S-Flat and it plugged right into my OEM connector.
You can't do that on the 954. The oem flasher is built into the gauge cluster.

Quick Reply: Need some turnsignal input