Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my FIRST ACCIDENT

k thanx

Old 10-02-2006, 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: fRacer 954RR

k thanx but the money isnt the issue
No? How about your life, is that an issue? Riding a liter bike on twisties, with no gear? If money wasnt the issue, why didn't you have any gear on? Sounds like a dumb kid riding a bike thats too big for him got scared and laid his bike over. Second thought, don't get a smaller bike, keep the liter bike, keep my insurance rates down.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:41 PM

don't bother fixing it, with your abilities, it will need to be repaired again soon anyway!

Old 10-20-2006, 04:24 PM

Jeez. Tough crowd.
Anyway, sorry about the accident, son.

My first bike is a 929, and after 2000 miles, no problems, and yes I do get nuts on it - BUT - I'm 48 freakin years old. I've been driving for 32 years, so interacting with other drivers is second nature to me. So I can concentrate on controlling the bike.

It always made me a little nervous to see a new driver up against all the lunatics out there, and on a sportbike to boot! There's just too much going on. Everybody ought to learn to drive effectively first, to where you've seen all the nutty behavior other drivers throw at you, get some experience under your belt, THEN try the bike.

Just my 2 cents...

Old 10-20-2006, 10:00 PM

yeah, but how many other 48 year olds do you see on sport bikes? Most sportbike owners happen to be in their 30's or less. Although I know a 78 yr old guy riding a 929, 954, and an old r6. He's my hero. lol And he takes them to track days too.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:59 PM

Yeah a lot of my colleagues who ride Hardly-Movinsons asked me why I went for a sportbike. I told them I fix corporate jets for a living, why would I wanna ride around on a lawnmower?

Old 10-23-2006, 08:21 PM

why is everone dissing on this guy? he's like, "hey i crashed" and everybody is telling him he sucks and he should move onto a small bike. all you people suck!
i wish i had a bike at 17. i didnt even know how to ride (never been on a dirtbike even), and i bought a liter bike when i was 20. three years later, i have three liter bikes, including one (about to be two) 954.
if i were you fRacer, i would get a leather jacket on... but even i get caught out without a jacket every once in a while (ie:every hot summer day). that does suck about your fairings, but they are'nt even messed up too bad, you could easily jb-weld them. just the rearset is gonna be expensive like a couple hundred.
keep the 954 dude! don't listen to all these fools telling you to get a gs500 or some crap.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Each to their own, but I haven't got a lot of sympathy for the guy who was clearly out of his league with regard to riding the 954 FireBlade as a first bike. For a novice, any bike over 500cc is powerful enough to be called fast. Sure, if money is not object then of course nobody can stop him from buying whatever bike he likes. Compared to the other litre bikes, the user friendlyness and good road manners of the 954 have been well documented BUT it will bite is not treated with the respect it deserves. Personally, I'd get some miles under my belt on something like a Honda 600 Hornet or CBR600F.

Most importantly, I'd count my blessings and make sure I realised how lucky I was to survive - next time might not be so fortunate. Also, surely we have some responsibility for other road users' safety don't we?

Old 10-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well...he already got the bike...so we'll just go from there ok guys?
your bike doesn't look bad at all. if you're worried about pretty plastics, send it to bob at www.empiregp.com and they can fix it up for you for a great price.

yea lay off the rear for now...and take some practice course or MSF or whatever you have out there.

BTW, regardless of if it justifies buying the 95, that price is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

play it safe mang...

Old 10-24-2006, 06:56 PM

thank you tahoe we need more ppl like u in these forums .. ppl who arent ********

Quick Reply: my FIRST ACCIDENT