CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

My bro crashed my 954 :( pics, need help :(

Old 07-10-2012, 03:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My bro crashed my 954 :( pics, need help :(

He's ok apart from a broken colar bone and he broke his shoulder in two places, luckly he was wearing all his riding gear which resulted in no skin scratches or road-rash. Shark helmet done its job.

As for my baby, well that nice paint isnt so nice anymore. Frame seems to be ok (no damage) but the clutch casing cracked. No major damage that I know of yet. Ill need to take it to an expert to give an overall assessment.

What do you guys think?

Name:  IMG_1179.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  135.0 KBName:  IMG_1177.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  121.1 KBName:  IMG_1181.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  90.4 KBName:  IMG_1184.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  120.6 KB

Old 07-10-2012, 04:49 AM

Not too bad if the frame is ok, new levers (i hate the orignal anyway), new R & G bar ends (i have them, they are lovely), new clutch case and then spray the fairing and the front cowl.... not as bad as it could be really.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Hudson
Not too bad if the frame is ok, new levers (i hate the orignal anyway), new R & G bar ends (i have them, they are lovely), new clutch case and then spray the fairing and the front cowl.... not as bad as it could be really.

Fingers crossed no nasty surprises with Engine, frame etc. Levers are fine but Ill change them later. Ill get new bar ends and Ill look into getting (dont know what they're called) frame slider protectors?

Havent found any clutch case for the 954 online so Ill have to get a quote from a dealer.

My heart broke when I saw her

Old 07-10-2012, 07:32 AM

This one needs some paint but it's a darn good price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-03-honda-...-/140454194717

Also just double check before you buy but it appears some years of the later 929 use the same cover. If nothing else I'd check with ronayers.com they can normally get you any part even if you don't see it online just give them a call.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

fighter that bish!

but no man, that's really not all that bad at all. really all you'd need to be up and running is a new stator cover - possibly stator too if that's cracked.

just pull that thing off (remember, it's magnetized on there - so you'll have to wrestle that cover off), make sure the flywheel is good and not bent, make sure the stator is good, put new gasket and new cover on there and ride it.

now you don't have to worry about it if you tip over

Old 07-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

o, and that's not the clutch case

that's the stator cover.

clutch is on the other side

plenty on ebay

954 stator | eBay

Old 07-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New Stator cover and a Black Sharpie.....Then Ride! You should Invest in some Frame sliders. They would have saved the bike from the Rash she has got.......

Old 07-10-2012, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
fighter that bish!

but no man, that's really not all that bad at all. really all you'd need to be up and running is a new stator cover - possibly stator too if that's cracked.

just pull that thing off (remember, it's magnetized on there - so you'll have to wrestle that cover off), make sure the flywheel is good and not bent, make sure the stator is good, put new gasket and new cover on there and ride it.

now you don't have to worry about it if you tip over
First thing I thought of was fighter but not enough monies for that just yet

Is there oil in the stator? cause there was a **** load of oil on the road and leaking from the stator. I havnt tried starting her up, didnt want to cause anymore damage.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffcbr600f2
This one needs some paint but it's a darn good price.
02 03 honda cbr 954 right clutch cover engine cover | eBay

Also just double check before you buy but it appears some years of the later 929 use the same cover. If nothing else I'd check with ronayers.com they can normally get you any part even if you don't see it online just give them a call.

Thanks for the info

Old 07-10-2012, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ironhead
New Stator cover and a Black Sharpie.....Then Ride! You should Invest in some Frame sliders. They would have saved the bike from the Rash she has got.......

Black sharpie sounds good

Frame sliders, all over the bike, where ever I can put them

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My bro crashed my 954 :( pics, need help :(