CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

i wrecked...

Old 01-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i wrecked...

well i now have wrecked my first sport bike. not really anything i couldve done to help it because it really wasnt my fault. i was coming home at night running about 60mph a bobcat ran out in front of me and i didnt have time to react. mostly cosmetic damage on me and the bike, i totally ruined my joe rocket jacket, bell helment, and also a new pair of jeans. the bike got laid on its right side, only expected damage.but thanks to my gear i only suffered minor road rash, and walked away. hopefully NEXT weekend i wil start tearing the bike down, tomorrow i will post pic of me and the bike... one question, does the 954rr have a fuel shutoff for when it wreckes? the fuel pump primes but no fire to turn the starter. lemme know what u think.. rebuild coming soon ill keep you all posted.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Default RE: i wrecked...

sucks you hit a bobcat. there was guy on another board that hit a coyote at like a 100mph and split it right in half. He didnt go down, but it covered his bike in blood and gore. at least the gear did its job, money well spent to keep you from laying up in the hospital covered in rash

most likely the bank angle sensor cut the engine. you have to reset the ECU after that the bike is killed by the BAS. II cant remember exactly the sequence, but hit the kill switch, turn the key on, turn the key off, turn the kill switch back to "ON" then turn the key back on hit the starter.

like I said, they may not be the exact sequence, but just flip the kill switch a couple of times and youll figure it out.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:02 AM

thanks ill try it out.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:06 AM

i got her running again, and the fairings off. here is a link to pics of my bike and me.. not bad.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Old 01-25-2009, 12:58 PM

Glad we don't have any coyotes or bobcats here in HI. Just your occasional mongoose, bird, and frog. Nothing that will have blood and gore all over you in the unexpected event of running either over. Good to know your ok bubba. We have some riders here that wears a t-shirt, shorts, and slippers . . . and get this. . . . a helmet. Why even bother????

Old 01-25-2009, 02:57 PM

First off I'm very glad to hear that you're ok. Yeah you may need some new plastic and a helmet, but you did the right thing man...wearing your gear. At first I thought you meant a bobcat as in a tractor. Good luck in the fixing process man!

Old 01-25-2009, 04:47 PM

well as far as running condition i reseted my bike and let her run for awhile. the only thing i could find is the lip of the radiator where the cap goes on is bent, but im postive i can remove the radiator and with a flat head screw driver fix it, and a new rad. cap thats one problem down. has anyone tried to order fairings kits off of ebay?? i looked to a old post and it stated that there was a company on hong kong that had pretty good stuff. has anybody tried these?? lemme know thks.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:12 PM

thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i wrecked...