CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

I want 180hp on the 954. Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turbo kits are heavy... they kill your handling.

But i would like to some day ride a turbo bike, just to see how it feel.... streched preferably

Old 11-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think if turbos were really the shyt n didnt affect handling in the twisties there would be turbo'd bikes in the AMA MotoGP ranks. Theres not so there must be a reason

And only turbo'd bikes i've see in the mtns are ones I have to pass b4 I go insane from almost stopping in the turns. And for me to be able to pass ya YOU ARE MAJORLY SLOW!!! lmao

Now on flat straight road, yea no doubt they can crank out the ponies. I prefer my NS enigines tho

Old 11-29-2009, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by rafa
Turbo kits are heavy... they kill your handling.

But i would like to some day ride a turbo bike, just to see how it feel.... streched preferably
My turbo isn't very heavy, in fact by the time I remove the stock exhaust system I might have added 10-15lbs and it is all down low in the front. Apparently you haven't ridden a turbo bike and are just guessing as to what it should do. why do you want it streched? That will kill your handling more than the weight.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
I think if turbos were really the shyt n didnt affect handling in the twisties there would be turbo'd bikes in the AMA MotoGP ranks. Theres not so there must be a reason

And only turbo'd bikes i've see in the mtns are ones I have to pass b4 I go insane from almost stopping in the turns. And for me to be able to pass ya YOU ARE MAJORLY SLOW!!! lmao

Now on flat straight road, yea no doubt they can crank out the ponies. I prefer my NS enigines tho

Not 100%, but I don't think turbos are allowed in Moto GP. I couldn't download the rule book.
What turbo bikes are in the mountains, stretched ones? What mountains?

Old 11-29-2009, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by zfrilly
Not 100%, but I don't think turbos are allowed in Moto GP. I couldn't download the rule book.
What turbo bikes are in the mountains, stretched ones? What mountains?
the mtns in the N. GA, East TN, NC area. 99.999% of the stretched bikes I seen turn around n head back to flat straight roads about 3 turns up the mtn!

I visit Deals Gap several times a year and I've not once seen a turbo bike there. And theres good reason, a 1k in these mtns is overkill on power, so a turbo's bike is uber overkill. I'm not saying it cant be done, but it would take a wel trained rider to pull off n them not kill themselves

U turbo ppl make up about 1% of the 1%er's lol

Old 11-29-2009, 02:00 PM

I think the stretched part has more to do with it. Many of those guys don't want to be in the twisties to begin with.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Absolute twaddle!!! .... LOL

Yer , the rider is the variable ...not the Turbo ..... , it has jack chit to do with it ...

!!! ... I think without needing rocket scientry to be used to work it out , we can safely assume that through twistie stuff anywhere , a better rider on any good 600 or 1000 for that matter will kill anyone not as good on any Turbo ... but then that is stating the bloody obvious when it comes to NA bikes as well , so this argument is a touch weak....

Unless you have personalty experience the insanely ballistic near endless acceleration of a full house Turbo , I spose I am.....

I think I can safely assume that the need for 180hp in this case is for reasons other that JUST doing deals gap type of roads...
Lets face it , the whole argument for a real need of this level of power is a bit off the air really ..

but to answer the post topic ........
" I want 180hp on the 954. Suggestions?"

If quick is what you are after , way more power that you and most riders will never prolly use to its full potential and you want to get 180hp out of your bike with little or next to no effort ...TURBO !!! ...then hang on very very tight , expect at the least arm strain and shoulder troubles , expect the look of total amazement from just about every other big bike on the freeway as you leave them behind like they are standing still , .....
and good luck ...LOL

morning all .... :-)
a good rider on a 250 will spank 99.9999% of us on here on 'DG type roads' regard of what bike we're on

and the quickest way to get a 180hp bike is to just buy a bus oops mean busa or zx14

Old 11-29-2009, 03:48 PM

Mountains, those are just hills. At least we can all agree that a good rider makes up for a lot of hp.

Quick Reply: I want 180hp on the 954. Suggestions?