CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

how much

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how much

ORIGINAL: demonchild

he was probably talking about an X ring style chain. They are good. I stand by it, 320 is not a bad price. It is about average to high average but definently not outragous.
so in other words....its not a bad price? i think it was $191 for the chain with tax and its going to be $120 for the labor...just glad they cant tax that.....said they should have it in today or lastest by thurs....as for the new chain.....do i have to take it easy on it...or ride normal? its the first time i have had to change them out......be honest i have never had to change the breaks on but one of my bikes a long time ago since i buy them cheap and sell them in 6 months time after i am done customizing them....sucks cause now it looks like i have to change the chain and all....already did the cam chain tensioner cause that was locked up......needs new tires soon....just noticed the other day he placed a shinko 190 on the rear and dunlop on the front so cant wait to get those off and place some pilot powers on there....run 2 of the same tires...need new breaks soon.....whats a typical price for breaks...like i said...its been awhile since i have had to buy them.....and whats a good chain lube?

Old 08-07-2007, 03:28 PM

motul chain lobe is good. pilot powers are awesome. 120 for labor isnt bad. They probably claim 1.5 hrs for the chain like most big shops do, even though it take 30 mins.

I take my bike to the biggest dealership in so cal. Their prices are steep at 91 dollars an hour for labor, but I know that they know what they are talking about. Everytime I take my bike in for maintance the work gets done right the first time. I would rather pay the money than have to worry about what could happen.

Also, I am very mechanically inclined. I have built two 10 sec cars, numerous other cars, and maintain all of my families cars, but when it comes to two wheels under me, I dont want any room for error.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:45 PM

well back from the shop.....they ordered the parts but took a closer look and the company sent them the rk x ring 520 conversion chain and said something about the vortex sprockets said he would send them back or if i wanted them to go on and they would bite the difference of price..so i had them do it.....he put play back in the throttle cause i had it were where was none....and fixed my clutch.....the clutch is fine...the throttle needs some adjustment but the acceleration......idk if i like it alot or not.....i mean in 3-4 i thought i was doing the normal 60 but i was doing 90......it accels alot faster.....first gear seems to go through the numbers fast though

Old 08-07-2007, 09:39 PM

You do custom work on bikes and sell them but you do not know how to change out a chain ? How can that be ? If you are doing what you say I would have spent the 100.00 on the chain braker and rivet gun.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:40 AM

i paint and airbrush...i dont do engine mods.....or stretch them....

Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 PM

I see that is cool do you have any picks of your work?

Old 08-09-2007, 05:47 AM

i will get some up soon....got to love little kids.....my godson threw my camera in the pool that had all my recent stuff on it.....little man is not getting any toys for awhile....i have some stuff....some completed and some not...
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...s/IMG_0419.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...e4045408-1.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...mports/car.jpg

did the flat black all over again on this one....i got 2 first place trophies for it
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...icture1090.jpg

Old 08-09-2007, 05:49 AM

anyways.....has anyone used a speedohealer? they ended up doing a 520 conversion...which i recommend now....****s awsome....but anyways....my guage is off by 6mph.....so i found a speedohealer for $40.....good? bad? they easy to put on?