CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE!

I need any help possible from some one who has removed their own engine. I am having 2nd and 3rd gear problems and have been told its my trans. I have the haynes service and repair manual, and it seems to look easy enough. Dont get me wrong, I am not taking it lightly and do anticipate many complications and issues to arise. I would like any words of wisdom from my 954 family. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: HELP PLEASE!

Take your time, keep a sharpie, masking tape, and baggies around. Make sure to stay organized, it can seem like a big task and things can get forgotten. as you take off parts set them aside in an organized fashion. If need be put bolts in baggies and label them. Other than that its not really hard, just take your time.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Default RE: HELP PLEASE!

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Take your time, keep a sharpie, masking tape, and baggies around. Make sure to stay organized, it can seem like a big task and things can get forgotten. as you take off parts set them aside in an organized fashion. If need be put bolts in baggies and label them. Other than that its not really hard, just take your time.
+10000 if you dont stay organized you will end up with extra bolts every time, meaning something is not bolted down properly.

One other thing i would like to add is have fun doing it ive learned that if you have fun working on it, it takes away some of the pain of not being out on the road and also keeps you motivated to finish it more quickly. If you dont have fun it will drag on forever, or at least seem like it.