CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help please

Yeah, I've never been to South Fork but it looks like it's about a three hour drive from me, but Colorado does havea bunch offun mountian roads to ride on all over the state!

Old 04-11-2008, 10:20 AM

Hey melanie. You are actually not that far from me! You did good by getting your guy that bike. That is awesome, good reward for helping us out and fighting for us. If you are intimated with the bike yeah best not to ride it. Better safe than sorry when it comes to that. But to change the rear tire, i have several rear wheel stands, if you have already done the oil change thats good. My friend made a cardboard panel, he drew the fairing and punch the bolts threw it where they go, so he doesn't have to figure any of this out. but if you need help i'm a tech, over at Berts. I drive by your neck of the woods when i go to San Diego, and always wanted to try out the dirt track out there by you. But i heard those people out there can ride, so i'm not up to their level and i'll only get in the way at best! Well good luck

Old 04-11-2008, 10:42 AM

I just moved to lake elsinore a month and a half ago but I have seen the dirt track and the guys ride it like they have no life to live for. It's nuts. My husband and I used to ride Ortega and it'sfun as long asyou are safe.So far my luck with the bike has not been good. It's just too heavy for me and I can't reach the ground People tell me to not sit so close to the gas tank and that would help with the turns but if I sit back I can't reach the handle bars. The 600 was great for me, I could get it up off the ground and turning was no prob. So if my husband decides to get me my own I will get something a lot smaller than this 954. Anyways thanks for the offer of help. Other than getting a new fairing I am done. I am going to let my husband put all the extras on.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:13 PM

Yeah for some reason over there, they are just really good. I"ll just get in their way, or they'll be doing triples over my head. So i don't really want death from above, so i stick to local hills and desert. I've never been Ortega Hwy. I just passed by it today on my way home from SD. Well any additional info, just let me know, being that i'm at a dealership, i'm able to access resources that others can't.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:17 PM

The bad part is that once they are done on the track they go to any field they can find and a good one is rioght behind my house so if I leave my windows open I get a ton of dust inside. Oh well they have to have fun somewhere. Ortega is fun and there is even 2 bars along the way. go figure. So the tire that was put on was for humm how to put this??? It was for guys that race. They put on the same tire that was on it but I asked for a tire that would last a while. My huband will have to ride the bike to work everyday up and over ortega and I dont wanna buy a new tire every 2 months. I got a Pilot power they said it would last a while and for 200 I sure hope it lasts.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

That tire is perfect. It should last a good 5000 miles or so (on average).

Old 04-13-2008, 11:42 PM

WOW!!!! The bike looks great. I so love the car if you ever wanna put it up for sale let me know. I was looking at the first tire a few days ago and noticed that it didn't have much to it I thought that they put an old tire on, But I am glad to have a good one now. All I have to do is get the bike back to the shop or get some stands. It may not even get done. I only have until the 23rd and right now life is nuts. I had to bring the bike in the house, yes in the house. When he gets home he will pull inot the garage and I don't want him to see it right away, So we have a half bathroom downstairs and I put the bike in the bathroom. It looks pretty funny. It was hard to get it in there so Iam pretty sure the tire will have to wait. I can't wait to see his face when I pull a bike out of the bathroom!!!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 11:56 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Thats awsome. My advice if you like to tinker at all is get the stands, they pay for themselves in no time flat. Send me a check for 30 grand and you can have the car , i have so much into that thing its rediculous. I wont thread jack but since you mentioned it i will put up a pic or 2, if they take from the thread just say so and i will edit them out

Old 04-14-2008, 12:02 AM

well hubby gets a new bike I should get a new car right????

Old 04-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Hell yea, i accept Paypal, money order, cashiers check

j/k I would actually never sell her, there is a long story behind it i wont get into. But believe me there is a ton of loot in there, got at least 10 grand under the hood alone.

Anyhow back on topic, get your self a bike anyhow, more fun. If you ever want advice on stands just ask, tellin ya get some