Old 04-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help please

Yep, and get one of these for fun

Old 04-06-2008, 06:28 PM

ahh but see we have2 of those. My husbands dad broke his back doing jumps on one and after that he gave us the other 2 that he had. They are fun but we dn't get to use them very much.

Doogstar. I have to say Iam sorry for what you came home to. That suck's.5 of the guys in my husbands unit are coming home to divorce papers anda prego wifethat was not prego when they left. It's sad. It is hard to be the wife of a marine but it's worth it. I Love my huband to death and I never want to be without him. But I would rather he fight a war somewhere else than do it here at home where our son is in danger. One more year and he will be out for good, I hope. I can't wait. Good luck with the bike, I hope you can get it running good.

I can't get over how nice all of you guys are. The bike guys out here are mean. I would never have figured out how to do the stuff on the bike without your help. So thanks again. You all must make your wife or gf so happy.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:16 PM

my god, on one hand this guy fights for our country & has to be away from his family and friends for an extended period of time, then on the other hand his wife goes out and very dilligently not only gets the bike but wants him to go thanks honey now Im going for a ride. you two reek of extreme coolness my hat is off two both of you

Old 04-09-2008, 05:22 PM

Thanks,now I'm not saying that he can go out for that first ride without me!! I also expect a few other types of "rides" before he takes the bike out. My huband is pretty cool, and my hat is always off to him and everyone else who fights so I don't have to.

So I still need some ideas on what extras to do to the bike, I have a little under 5 thousand to make this bike great!

Old 04-09-2008, 05:34 PM

Scotts steering dampner is a must $350 Pazzo levers shorty style $150 for the pair (clutch & brake levers) You might go for a set of perelli corsa III i think about $400 for the set if i remember right. oh yeah a puig double bubble would kick *** too thats about $120. a power cammander $350 i might be wrong on that but you'll find out, an acropovik full exhaust would be great but know your talkin somemoney $2000.00 and thats a little high I got mine for $1000. but it was used any who thats mine and i love the set up but would always like to have some rear sets but for now im happy

Old 04-09-2008, 05:38 PM

Cool thanks. I am going to go to the cycle shop on Monday to pick up some stuff, So I will take that list with me. I want to do most of the work myself, to make my husband really feel special. Is most of that pretty easy to do?

Old 04-09-2008, 07:58 PM
VP

The levers and the windshield anybody can do with the right tools and a little patience... the windscreen literally takes 2 seconds to remove and replace, the levers take about 10-15 minutes...

The steering dampner takes maybe an 30 minutes to an hour but isn't hard at all..

The exhaust and the power commandeis a good bit harder to do for just anybody and the tires you are gonna have to take somewhere to get done.

Keep in mind since this bike is a few years old they may not have the parts in stock so you'll probably have to order and get them shipped. If that's the case, check on eBay for better prices than the "cycle shop" will offer.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:03 PM

sweet thanks, i just put new tires on so thats done and I will work on everything else. I hope it can get here in time

Old 04-09-2008, 09:36 PM

Whata great welcome home gift! Another thing for you to consider, if your husband is pretty in to bikes, is that he may be somewhat "brand specific". Don't get me wrong, you did do an awesome job in getting him a bike but as far as performance mods, he may want to mix and match to his liking. I noticed that there is a D&D pipe on there now, but all pipes have their different sounds, and he may prefer one exhaust note over the other...but I do also understand that you want to have it be ready for him to ride as soon as he gets back!

Here is a pic of the Black Shorty Pazzo levers that Hitman mentioned:
Name:  P1010600resized.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  70.8 KB

And a couple of other shots of my bike, which is the same color scheme as the one you picked up!
Name:  P1010609resized.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  79.6 KB
Name:  P1010654.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  47.6 KB

(I ditched my clear Double Bubble windscreen because I didn't like it,there was a mix up when I ordered it. The stormy picture was the most recent one taken...)

Keep the questions coming if you have any, looks like everyone here is doing a good job of talking you through this! Congrats again on the purchase and for your husband coming home safe!

Old 04-09-2008, 10:36 PM

Humm you bring up a good point. I think at this point I have run out of time. I have one week and 6 days left. I don't know if that is enough time to get everything done, and he may enjoy doing a few things himself. The first owner only used the bike for the track, Iam not sure if he raced or what, he took the kick stand off and I had to put it back on, well i didn't put it on tight enough and as I have been riding it the bolt wiggled out. As a result I went to put the bike in the garage, put the stand down and got off the bike only to have it fall on me.I never thought I would get it off of me, now I have 15 stitches in my leg.The left plastic now has a very small crack in it. If I don't show you where you won't be able to see it but I would like to get a new one, do you know where I can order one from?