CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Help: CBR 954 Knocking problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J0HNDiLLiNGER
ok so 230f is bad, what is the high temp it shouldnt go over? pc3r must be power commander, but intake upgrade all i have is k&n, is that what u mean or is there something else to upgrade on the intake?
The intake mod is just removing the flaps inside your intake box. Sayin your a fool not to get a Power Commander with a full system is a over statement. Yes a custom tune with a full system is highly suggested for maximizing performance and reaching full potential but without one you wont harm the bike. You just wont get full potential out of the full system. During a hot summer in Texas ive only seen maybe 222F. Ill turn the bike off if im sitting in traffic (leave the key on so the fan continues to run). And like said before leave the servo plug connected.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:21 AM

Not saying he is going to destroy the bike w/o using a PCIII but why add a $1000 exhaust system and do all the other work just to have the bike running like ****? Just does not make sense..

Old 11-30-2010, 02:12 PM

You are exactly right bro and i wont argue that..... I personally would rather spend that 1500+ else where. I would rather throw a slip on there, do wave rotors and lines, and so on......I would never use that $1500+ to its full potential so i feel like its wasted funds IMO.....

Old 11-30-2010, 03:35 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
You are exactly right bro and i wont argue that..... I personally would rather spend that 1500+ else where. I would rather throw a slip on there, do wave rotors and lines, and so on......I would never use that $1500+ to its full potential so i feel like its wasted funds IMO.....
+1 lol... esp. since even on a track, your going to see wayyyyyyyyyyyy bigger improvements in times by upgrading braking (say brembo braking system with a better master, braided lines, and wave rotors <---- could prolly do all that for 1500) and suspension components (ohlins shock, forks yata yata) vs trying to add more power. Esp. when the average person cant ride the stock bike to his or her fullest potential to begin with

Last edited by __Z__; 11-30-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by __Z__
+1 lol... esp. since even on a track, your going to see wayyyyyyyyyyyy bigger improvements in times by upgrading braking (say brembo braking system with a better master, braided lines, and wave rotors <---- could prolly do all that for 1500) and suspension components (ohlins shock, forks yata yata) vs trying to add more power. Esp. when the average person cant ride the stock bike to his or her fullest potential to begin with
well i do have slip-on, its a jardine & it sounds pretty ****ty! i have a zx6r with a full 2bros & that sounds alot better then my 954 slipon. the slipon feels almost like a stock pipe with an exhaust leak, im not upgrading exhaust 4 more power it has enough, i can really feel the restiction of air flow on the stock pipe & i dont like that feeling! the power commander 4 sure is coming with the full exhaust! far as brake & suspenion upgrades, i have more than what i use now stock, eventually the whole bike will be completely upgraded since this will be the last bike i buy(enless they drop a prettier 954). now back to intake, u said remove the butterfly in the airbox & keep servo plug connected, is the servo the box with the cables leading to exhaust & airbox? & if so what do i do with the cables? its obvious the cables to the exhaust will haveto be removed but i should remove the butterfly+cable?

Old 12-01-2010, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by __Z__
Well said. I bought my wave rotors from China and they werent galfer. I cant remember the name but ill post the link. I paid like 200 but the improvement with those and braided lines was amazing. I have more confidence on just one of my wave rotors then 2 of the factory. My buddy has a 954 that has done alot of track days at Texas Motor Speedway and coutless trips down Deals gap. He said he needs a 600 cause the 954 has too much power coming out of the turns. I dont see a purpose in having more power after that statement, and he is a hell of a rider. My recommendation is front rotors and lines (I dont ever use my back brakes, i am on my second set of rear pads and have had em for like 2 years and they are still brand new) and just tuning the suspension to your body weight......
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front...Q5fAccessories
Exact same ones i have and i have 0 complaints and many compliments.....

John, if you remove your tank, airbox cover, and filter you will see the flaps at the top of the box. Mine are removed but ive heard of people propin em open. On the left side of your bike(where the largest side fairing bolts goes) behind the frame is the servo. You will see the wiring running from it. I just removed my cables from the servo and HTEV then laced the butterflies open. I cant find this guy on ebay that sold a HTEV eliminator that opened it up and bolted in the exact same spot.....It was like 80 and pretty much opened the exahust all the way up to the can.....damn i should have bought it.....

Last edited by txsmainevent; 12-01-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:14 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

i just wish the 929 and 954 had radial calipers

http://www.oppracing.com/category/35-brake-calipers/