CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Finally get to do something with the bike....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally get to do something with the bike....

Well there is still like 3 feet of snow on the ground here, and going to get another 10" or so monday [:@]but i at least get to work on the bike some now. I am really getting that spring time itch. I didn't have the cash i wanted to spend this winter due to a lot stuck into the camaro, but i got a few things for maintenance that were needed, and a few things to dress her up a bit. I really love the work the lady did on the tank pad, even the pic cant do it justice. Couple things not pictured are the Pazzo levers (red w/ black adjusters) and have some stuff im sending to powder coat. But i'm excited to start tearing into her tomorrow.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:28 PM
VP
Default RE: Finally get to do something with the bike....

I thought about getting a red chain (good job man!)... looks like a couple easy projects but should be pretty fun!

Old 02-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love the tank pad.. but i dont know about those footpegs in red although i had the same type of pegs but regualar aluminum silver .. the design is wierd there is a small screw under the footpeg to tighten it - USE LOC-TITE i had a peg slip off .. OOPS

Old 02-23-2008, 10:50 AM

Very nice bling! Is that a 530 or a 520 conversion?

Looks like you're putting some love in your ride.

Not to thread jack, but it does open the door for us others to post up what we're doing to our rides as well.

I'm in a rush to get the things I want done before I leave out on vacation for the gap in a couple weeks. My goodies show up Monday or Tuesday. The most important to me are the accuracy of the performance parts I'm putting in. I did order some bling, but they come second. I'm on a mission to dial this bad-boy in like I had done on my 929.

Edit: I forgot to ask, where did you get the seat covers? And, does that front cover have any additional padding or gel insert to go with it?

Old 02-23-2008, 11:42 AM
VP

that front seat is an actual sargent seat isn't it?

Old 02-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Thanks Bob i will make sure to do that, i wasn't super crazy about the color when it came, but i really wanted round pegs for stuntin, and didnt have the cash for new rear sets.

Illushun that is a 520 kit, -1 +2made by Driven, i had heard good things about them, and i did spend the extra cash to get the "race" chain, i guess its good for like 14000 ft pounds or something like that. But i drag race now and then and do a lot of whoolies and stuff so i didnt want to replace it in 2 months.

VP and Illushun yes that is the Sargent seat, its quite nice, comes with a carbon fiber frame, feels real nice, cant wait to sit on it. The rear is just a seat cover to match, they dont offer a rear seat, but what do i care, i dont have to sit there

Old 02-23-2008, 06:39 PM

Its gonna be hot!!

Old 02-23-2008, 08:18 PM

Excellent choice on the 520 conversion. Shows ya did your homework when you pointed out the tinsel strength of the chain. I have the 520 conversion on mine. That "race" chain you mention is everything to do with how well the chain will handle the torque of a litre bike. I didn't expect any hp gain, but there's a noticeable torque change. A few guys that I know told me that it if you reduce rotational mass, you gain torque. So, by lightening up to aluminum sprocket, and going with a 520, you give up some lbs of static mass which equal out to less rotational mass, hence more torque.

Either way, I like it. Never seen a red chain on a bike before. It should look good with the black rear sprocket. I have a gold chain with the vortex annodized black sprocket. They look good when ya keep em clean. I'm a clean freak too, so I detail my bike after every ride. Always have and always will.

For what it's worth, don't take me coming across as a know it all or anything. I bring 22 licensed years of riding, racing, building, experience to the table. Don't laugh, but last year was the first year I tried dabbling in a little stunting too. Wasn't too bad, finally got bp standies down.

Most important is that I love to share what i have learned with others because bikes and such are my true passion. Even after putting down so many miles I'm still learning and learning.

Be sure to post up pics of when you are done with it so we can drool over the changes.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I really didnt want to do a 520 at first, i just didnt want the weak chain even though it would reduce mass. But i made a few calls and found a chain just as strong as the heavy one, so took the leap. Got a camera for x-mas, so definately will take some pics. I definatly dont feel bad lol, i have been riding for almost 15 years and last year was my first stunting too [8D]It was tough at first, but i got sits, stands at highway speed over a mile now, and got to 60 mph for a rolling endo. Thats all i am gonna do though, i dont care to do spreaders or anything like that, just an occasional long backroad stander. Although i am considering a cheap f4i to try and learn some slow stuff, we will see on that heh.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:35 PM

The sargent seat is probly the the best money I spent on my bike.That stock seat made me feel like i was gang raped at the end of the day.youre gonna love it.

most of my mods have been to try and make my bike more of sport tourer.I just got this cool touring screen and cruise control.But, dont sleep i got all the go fast goodies too.god I love my 954!

Quick Reply: Finally get to do something with the bike....