CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Damper input

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damper input

I am considering 1 of the 4 following dampers based on price.
They are:
GPR
Harris/Gubellini
Hyperpro RSC active
Scotts

Obviously, I want to buy the best for the $. Please give me any first hand experience and thoughts that you have on which would be the best. Please do not tell me to buy an Ohlins or Matris as I can not spend that for a damper. Thanks for your help.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Default RE: Damper input

I love my Scotts, picked it up on eBay for 300 shipped. It's saved my *** a few times, and I am
definitely glad I got it. I haven't tried any other brands, but I'm happy with Scotts.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tenn. Im in the same boat. I have narrowed it down to a GPRV4 the new one! Its slimmer and the dial is easier to access with gloves on. It has recieved nothing but great reviews. GPR just finished the mount for it about a month ago.

OR

The Matris M4R. I have spent the last 2 weeks trying to find an importer for the dam thing. Not just an hour ago did I get the price.......I can have a beautiful brand new Matris M4R for get this.......are you sitting down.....$750 with shipping. My *** is already starting to hurt........

Old 04-24-2008, 01:21 PM

My friend just put the GPR V4 (new one) on his 954... he swears up and down by it already... seems a LOT nicer then the older one and it definetly looks better... he paid $500 directly from GPR and it was here in NY in a week from Cali.

I have the hyperpro RSc on my 929 and love it...

just make sure whatever one you get its adjustable on the fly

Old 04-24-2008, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Ironhead

Tenn. Im in the same boat. I have narrowed it down to a GPRV4 the new one! Its slimmer and the dial is easier to access with gloves on. It has recieved nothing but great reviews. GPR just finished the mount for it about a month ago.

OR

The Matris M4R. I have spent the last 2 weeks trying to find an importer for the dam thing. Not just an hour ago did I get the price.......I can have a beautiful brand new Matris M4R for get this.......are you sitting down.....$750 with shipping. My *** is already starting to hurt........
I have been looking @ the V4 and Erion is correct,you have to get it directly from GPR for $495.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Banned

Yeah I think any of the big-name models are going to perform great, but like NY said, make sure it's adjustable on the fly.

Congrats ya lucky bastards... I thought dampers would be cheaper for the dirtbikes... [:@]

Old 04-24-2008, 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

I assume that the RSC that you have is the active one? Any problems with leaks? Do you have any pics of it mounted? I really like the looks of it, but did not know anyone who was using it. Is it adjustable on the fly? Tell me more....

Old 04-24-2008, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: TENNBANSHEE

I assume that the RSC that you have is the active one? Any problems with leaks? Do you have any pics of it mounted? I really like the looks of it, but did not know anyone who was using it. Is it adjustable on the fly? Tell me more....
It is completly adjustable on the fly, simply turn the **** ( 28 settings)... i have had it on for just over 2 years and have NO problems with it & No leaks... Couldnt be happier..

yes its " active" as it gets stiffer on its own when it senses the pressure... I have never had a tank slapper or even com close to it with it on, and i am able to exit leaned turns with much more throttle and not get that floaty front end feeling

Name:  RR6.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  105.9 KB

Old 04-24-2008, 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: TENNBANSHEE

It is completly adjustable on the fly, simply turn the **** ( 28 settings)... i have had it on for just over 2 years and have NO problems with it & No leaks... Couldnt be happier..

yes its " active" as it gets stiffer on its own when it senses the pressure... I have never had a tank slapper or even com close to it with it on, and i am able to exit leaned turns with much more throttle and not get that floaty front end feeling

Thanks NY. I have been looking @ HyperPro for quite some time. It is good to know that you recommend it.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:59 PM
VP

I had the Harris/Gubelini dampner on mine for about a month before the whole bike got stolen... but it was awesome. It had 30 adjustments from non existent all the way to super stiff (it was extremely difficult just to move the bars from lock to lock at a stop)... I got mine on eBay for $150.

Quick Reply: Damper input