CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

cbr help

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cbr help

i'm new to this site, so first of all i thank anyone for help they can provide. i have a 2003 954 with about 7000 miles on it. i was riding to work today and on the freeway it started stalling while i was going. i was doing about 73 then the red engine light would come on on the gauge, then go off and it would be fine. it did it a couple of time then it came on and i couldn't use the throttle at all. it didn't lock up it just wasn't doing anything. so i pulled off for like a minute and when i started it up again it was hesitant at first then it was fine. any ideas to what it could be? thanks again for your help.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Default RE: cbr help

The red light is your Fuel Injection light, it will 90% of the time blink error codes for self diagnosis. Sometimes it doesnt blink codes though, it'll just come on and stay on and do weird chit. What i would do is i would go to an autoparts store and get some descent Fuel Injection cleaner. Go to the gas station fill the gas tank up and put the fuel injection cleaner in it. Go for a little ride and try to run the tank as close to empty as u possibly can. Just so you know it runs most of the fuel injection cleaner through it.....Then ride it and see if u ever have a problem with it acting the way it did. This may or may not fix your problem, but i will say it WILL NOT hurt to try. I've seen it work over and over again on many bikes....=-)

PS: While ur at it, check ur battery terminal connections. Make sure they are good and tight. A loose terminal can make the bike act up when it gets off contact. Then it'll run normal upon contact...Definately look into that also...=-)

Old 09-08-2007, 06:34 PM

stay alert for loose wire connections-ReSpEcT is right start with the battery wires-i would tend to think
if it was a mechanical malfnction it would act up all the time-if it is a wiring issue-she could/would come back to you,as if nothing ever happened!!

Old 09-09-2007, 01:35 AM

I have to agree it sounds like a loose wire. I would start with the battery cable then move up the motor grounds. if it is comming and going I would have to think Loose WIRE.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:40 PM

If you can lift your tank and check around the throttle bodies to see if you have any loose wiring or loose fuel lines. Yeah its a good idea to check around your battery terminals so it doesnt ground out while your riding but I dont think it would be the cause of your fuel problem.