CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

BIGGGGG PROBLEM

Old 12-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIGGGGG PROBLEM

aaaaaa help me!!!!i just got full exhasut and the powercommander...but now i have big problem!! my oil light (the red light on the dash) keeps blinking !!!! its not on all the time it blinks every 5 seconds!!! i think its the oil pressure problem?!? or maby something with the sensorsany idea what it is???????? and i know its nothing wrong with the pc bc when i un plugged it it stil does the same thing... so idk....just help me out

Old 12-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: BIGGGGG PROBLEM

isnt that a indicator lamp as well. so when its blinking its actually throwing you a code ? just like morse code ... a quick flash "-" is a 1 count and a long flash "_____" would be a 10 count. so you should count the flashes and search on here and i believe there is a chart that states what the warning light is telling you

Old 12-07-2007, 03:30 PM

yea yea yea thats the thing!omg!!!now i got to learn how to speak 954rr language!!!! what if i tell u that that thing flashes for ever!!! and its only 5 sec long!!! i was standing there for like 5 min and it did not stop!!!

Old 12-07-2007, 03:52 PM

well now that i actually stops panicking i just ralized that litle oil can on the displey its on as well!!! but the thing its it has oil !!(the oil level its perfesct its between max and min) what now?!?!?! the manual doesent say anything about this case!!! and the bike was fine till i didnt put the full exhasut and the pc on!!! ehhhhhh

Old 12-07-2007, 04:31 PM

how does it run? and how long has it ran with this light on??
usually on any internal combustion engine,when starved for
oil-they make a very pronounced "knock" type of noise
maybe and hopefully it is only a oil pressure sensor and/or a
wiring problem Name:  thumbup.gif
Views: 32
Size:  139 Bytes

Old 12-07-2007, 04:39 PM

did you hook the pc3 up correctly ? sometimes there are multiple connectors that look teh same for the pc3 i ve done this too by hooking up teh wrong plugs and it causes problem to the bike. go back through and make sure you are hooking up the correct plugs and even if you are 100% sure you are right check it again !

Old 12-07-2007, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: outsider8

how does it run? and how long has it ran with this light on??
usually on any internal combustion engine,when starved for
oil-they make a very pronounced "knock" type of noise
maybe and hopefully it is only a oil pressure sensor and/or a
wiring problem

no no no!!! the bikes runs fine and its sound find as well... there are no knocking noises or anything....its just that light its on...and i did not even ride it yet bc i am not 100% what is the problem.... its something with the wiring or oil pressure sensor.. idk....

Old 12-07-2007, 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

did you hook the pc3 up correctly ? sometimes there are multiple connectors that look teh same for the pc3 i ve done this too by hooking up teh wrong plugs and it causes problem to the bike. go back through and make sure you are hooking up the correct plugs and even if you are 100% sure you are right check it again !

well it has to be the right conection(bc i tryed every single wire that i saw and i did not fit in any other conector then just that one) well ill go do that first thing in the morning one more time.... but evenwheni disconnected the whole pcstill its wasthe same problem!!! and the pc was 100% disconnected...u know how on cars after u change like a exaust u have to get new sencors!!! do u think that i just may have to change some sensor??(idk which one but yea)

Old 12-07-2007, 11:35 PM

The red light is a "Multifunction Indicator" that tells you something else is wrong.Oil Can graphic means low oil/oil pressure. The blinking code light everybody is thinking of isthe fuel injection system is the FI graphic, also called the Malfunction Indicator Lamp or MIL.

If the F1 light is blinking, it's what you need to count. Both long and short blinks and post. If the Oil can graphic is on,check the pressure switch (making sure oil is fine while running with the bike upright).

Old 12-08-2007, 02:52 AM

so what would cause his oil switch to mess up after installing a full exhaust and a pc3 ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BIGGGGG PROBLEM