CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

954 on NOS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
and the 8.35 mentioned in my signature on my car is naturally aspirated
haha, i guess this isnt the place to start the ford chevy debate... i got a 99 trans am i spray a dual stage 400 shot on a forged texas speed block. im about a second and a half beind your time, in the 1/4 that is...

im like you though, i got a 954rr and im about to put a wet system on it.

i dont have any faith in this PCIII stuff. just get you a wet kit. its easier to just change the jets and you can run two N20 solenoids so one doesnt stick open.

i pieced my kit together from nitrous outlet. when it gets here and i figure out the best way to isntall it, ill post some pictures and see what you think,

basically im a wet guy. ive seen too much bs happen with dry kits. my 2 cents

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=237 heres a good dry kit i saw on SEARCH. i got a dry kit and just bought the fuel solenoid and hardware. im still trying to figure if im going to pull fuel from the gastank or i was thinking about a dedicated aux tank for 110

Last edited by mtneyman; 04-10-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:03 AM

thats comparing a street car to a race car. We have a 4.90 in a 1/8 mustang with a tube chassy and a built to the hilt 351windsor. But I dont care HOW fast it is there is ALWAYS something faster. lol just a conversation of mine is bigger than yours really.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Banned

ha (i say 9, but i had one 9.98 pass) my TA is street, power, glass, stock suspension, no weight reduction, AC and all.. i get kicked when i spray for no cage. these new lsx lq engines just flow to much air in the heads compared to anything before 1995.

but anyway so yeah, it looks like most people go dry on these 954s, but i wonder if the fuelpump and injectors can keep up with whatever bull**** the IAT is sending the ECU. it really worries me that the dyno chart shows that guy getting 60% of what the jetting should give him. that would make me think hes not getting enough fuel delivery.

so what about bigger injectors and bigger fuel pumps? i know they gotta make em since ive seen em on turbo bikes.

i think im still going to build a wet system. it might basically end up complicated liek a directport, but my rotating assembly isnt stock. and im just not sold on dry kits unless they have a MAF and IAT or some other inputs just incase something goes bad.

i wanna know how your dry install goes. post up some pics and ill try to do the same of my wet plate/bar fabrication in the airbox.worst case scenario, i may just trash the fuel solenoid and follow your lead.

Last edited by mtneyman; 04-11-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:03 AM

how big of a shot are you looking at? that would determine if the bike can add enough fuel or if you need a wet kit.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Banned

im wondering if our fuel pumps can even handle a 50 shot. id feel safe with a dry 25. but id spray at least 50 and id like to be able to spray up to 100. i know ill need fuel delivery for anything that high. but i guess, im wondering if we can even spray a dry 50 shot reliablly on these bike with the stock fuel pump.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:16 AM

yes a 50 shot will be good on dry. Heck probally up to a 75 would be ok but make sure you have the map to do it, otherwise you may run too lean.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:44 AM

Not that I am personally considering a nitrous setup, but does one have to run the high octane fuel when the the nitrous is fit to be utilized?
I can see from the dyno posted on the first page that the power added would be very noticeable on the strip. It baffles my mind how much power the new liter bikes coming out have; more power than a fairly modified 954. But, they also weigh a substantial amount more.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Banned

depends on how much your spraying, but the safe answer is yes. racegas is a cheap saftey device on small % shots, and 100% neccasary on big shots.