CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

954 Fender Removal / Modification

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 954 Fender Removal / Modification

I just bought a new 954RR and want to do something with the rediculous looking fender. Other than the fender, Honda did a decent job making the back end look decent with the LED tail lights, hugger, and the plastic undertail piece.

A friend told me the fender could simply be removed. I looked closely at it and can't see how since I would then have nowhere to mount the turn signal lights. I plan to keep the stock lights for now. Anyone have any pictures of what they did when removing their fender? If so, please post them. I would love to see what you did.

I'll post pics of what I do once it is complete. Thanks!

Old 09-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Default RE: 954 Fender Removal / Modification

Has no one removed/altered their fender? I'd love to see some pics.

I looked closely at it and it looks like the entire fender could be removed. I looks like the rear turn signals will require something behind them to support them with the fender gone. The plate will also have to be relocated and something done with the plate light. Any suggestions for a do-it-yourself job rather than buying a fender eliminator kit?

Thanks!

Old 09-17-2005, 01:52 AM

Open the trunk, very inside(reverse side of the reflector) use a 8mm socket. Then un bolt the signals and cut the wire's.
The signal mount's will remain I used shorty LED's.
I made a lic plate brkt it's crude but works for now..
It look's tough, but after you figure it out ..... well you'll see.
As for the lic plate light, I just cut the wire.. F*** it..

Old 09-17-2005, 07:35 AM

here's the competition werks under tail. it's fairly cheap

Old 10-15-2005, 09:18 PM

here's what i did, mounted the turn signals where the exsistings holes were still using the plates from the stock signals for extra support for the nut. and also mounted the plate under the battery box. Remove the battery, remove cover over the wiring harness and drill holes that are in the recessed part where the cover was. (Aft of the harness). Mounted plate with screws and nuts. Only a few cops have said i need to move the plate where it is visible but out of almost 15-16 traffic stops have never gotten a ticket for the plate. Also even on the race track and some bumpy roads the plate has never interfered with the suspension. Looks clean and tucked away!! Any questions let me know! The pics i have are too large to post.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:50 AM

removed mud flap remounted plates to a hinge in the stock undertail mounted turn signals in old holes and well looks ok Im a get a under tail soon though.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3142/EC0DF91B437B45798C1ECB4AEDF0AC03.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-10-2005, 02:00 AM

i bought a bracket called a tail tidy on ebay cleaned up the back and had all mounting holes needed to be legal. i kept the stock turn signals to be seen better

Old 11-10-2005, 11:18 AM

Hey BAD954, I saw that Tail Tidy on ebay but was unsure. Did it fit ok? Was it quility built? Can you get some pics of what your bike looks like with it installed? I'd love to see it. Thanks!

Old 11-17-2005, 11:26 AM

Just check out my pic's. Also I just posted a link on here in one of the forums its a site to download a service manual, tell you how to remove the fender, check it out

Old 05-14-2006, 11:37 PM

RePost from... https://cbrforum.com/m_83638/tm.htm

No way man! Don't do any cutting @ all! The 954 doesn't need any cutting to get rid of the stock fender. I can't stand the uglee alien lights and especially the huge massive stock fender! I eventually want an undertail with turn signals built in, but in the mean time I had to do something since I'm on LOCASH status. I still have the alien lights but at least that fender is gone.

I took mine off by these simple steps...
- Remove the rear seat. (2 nuts)
- Then the rear tail section bodywork. (4 bolts and alot of manipulation of the abs plastic, be carefull not to bend that plastic too much, don't wanna buy a new one! lol)
- Then the stock tail light. (2 nuts)
- Then unbolt the turn signals. (1 bolt nut per light, and unplug the turn signals from the harness & feed them through the holes to remove the lights completely remembering the routing of the wires so you can reroute them when done.)
- Then there should be only one bolt left holding on the fender.

At this point you can do whatever you want, put back on the original lights, or put on aftermarket lights. Find a way to mount your plate or relocate your plate. ****, who needs a plate anyway! lmao (*sirens!) uh oh! I've even seen some people install the original reflector back on the bike right under the stock tail light (I think reflectors are uglee but that's just me!). Anyway, here's wut I did...

- Then I took the original license plate bracket, used a vise to manipulate it the way I wanted it.
- Drilled 2 holes in the rear plastic undertail as close to the taillight as possible and mounted her up.

Here's the finished product!
Hope this helps anyone out there!

[IMG]local://upfiles/7038/88CF133A238049FBB62045BCCB6FF839.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7038/F4E55C8B689C4A74A6BF96AB8F0DC147.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7038/CD7D22FC2590433C9A159FA12966AD12.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: 954 Fender Removal / Modification