CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Steering Stabilizer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Steering Stabilizer?

Well let's not act like a damper on the 9's is uncalled for. Probably the single best investment you could makeout ofany aftermarket part.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^ Gotta agree, a stabalizer is a great all around investment imo.

RCR your nuts for doin wheelies without one, again just my opinion

Old 04-08-2008, 12:08 AM
RCR

Ive been thinking about getting one but I don't notice any head shake at all. I have set it down many times at ahundo before and nothing. The only time I ever had head shake was when I first started riding it and Im sure I was riding it a little stiff causing the problem.

If it was really that bad wouldn't they recall the bikes for safety issues? Don't get me wrong its an issue but oneI have been lucky enough to not experince as a constant problem like most report.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:22 AM

ORIGINAL: RCR

Ive been thinking about getting one but I don't notice any head shake at all. I have set it down many times at ahundo before and nothing. The only time I ever had head shake was when I first started riding it and Im sure I was riding it a little stiff causing the problem.

If it was really that bad wouldn't they recall the bikes for safety issues? Don't get me wrong its an issue but oneI have been lucky enough to not experince as a constant problem like most report.
I dont think either is saying its a severe safety issue if you dont have, But if you do have it you will not regret buying it one bit.
I rode mine a full season without one and never really had any scares, just the usual light front and loose bars exelerating out of hard turns... But when i got it i wondered how i rode without one for so long...

Old 04-08-2008, 01:13 AM
Banned

It's not a racebike - for moderate street riding it's perfectly suitable.

I don't think anyone here rides their bike moderately though. Put it this way - you ride your bike with a damper and then make a choice. I would never say it's necessary as it obviously isn't, but if you've ever ridden with one you would be recommending everyone to get one too.

A damper makes the 929 a perfect bike, for me anyway. Now to just get one... I've got my eye on a GPS in the box for $300.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:15 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

I dont think either is saying its a severe safety issue if you dont have, But if you do have it you will not regret buying it one bit.
I rode mine a full season without one and never really had any scares, just the usual light front and loose bars exelerating out of hard turns... But when i got it i wondered how i rode without one for so long...
Really,I have been kicking the idea around and you just might of sold me on that part of the upgrade.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:29 PM

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

Really,I have been kicking the idea around and you just might of sold me on that part of the upgrade.
try to find one thats adjustable on the fly.. either way your gonna love it!

Old 04-09-2008, 12:16 AM

If you check back in the archives, I was of the same opinion as yourself: the bike didn't really need a damper and I could ride around the shakes.

I gave in and picked up a Sprint SX and the difference is night and day. I haven't noticed any downside, cost apart, and lots of positives. The added stablity over rough roads, through corners and under brakes, plus a much more composed front through sweepers, makes for a real winner.

I have also just put on a new set of Metzler Sportec M3 and I couldn't be happier. Now it is up tp me to ride it right :-)

Old 04-09-2008, 02:41 AM
Banned

A buddy of mine is sold on the M3's. I love the Pilot Powersthough, seems like a 5 minute ride and they're sticky as hell.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

A damper makes the 929 a perfect bike, for me anyway.
+1

Quick Reply: Steering Stabilizer?