CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

PLEASE HELP (I'm BEGGING!) About to pull my hair out

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a power commander on it? If yes, then take it off and try. If no, then find someone who has a 929 too and borrow his ECM and try it on your bike. I think your ECM is not giving the good information to the injectors or plugs. That s my guess... Let us know what it is, please. Hopefully you ll find out soon.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:32 PM

No power commander on it. I can't find a 929 around

Old 06-28-2009, 06:18 PM

Well.... I took it to a Honda dealership, they said they would diagnose it for $65. I said OKAY! ... They diagnosed it for one hour and said they didn't know what was wrong with it. They said they would need 10 hours to properly diagnose it, and I could come and get it or approve a minimum of 10 hours. I'm like whoa. (This dealership sucks btw) ... There is another dealership about 30 mins away but they said they're 3 weeks behind. It's almost like i'm stuck. Oh wait, I am stuck!

Old 06-28-2009, 07:19 PM

This is the exact reason I hate the stealership they always seem to give the run around at the owners exspense. They should call it the Lip Service Department. Should've never let them touch the bike I would have asked what they thought over the phone.
When you went down there to p/u the bike did they explain to you where they started and what they did during the diagnotic? Just a heads they usually charge an hour just to take the fuel tank off, stack heads, air box, and filter. That is what their labor manual suggests. From what you described above that's what it sounds like they did. I would atleast go down there and talk to the "mechanic" if you want to call them that and see what he/she thinks is a good starting point to fix it or they recommend.
10 hrs. LOL!! what a joke. And if they still don't find the problem, let me guess they'll need it for another 12hrs?? I'm leaning towards electrical gremlins either ignition or a timing problem. I hope maybe others will chime in soon with some good advice for the love of god..........lets help this cat out!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 02:18 PM

Yeah, someone help this poor cat out! I actually took it to them without any air cleaner assembly at all, without bolts in the gas tank, i even raised it up for them. They said they did fuel pressure test, it was fine.. they said they checked to make sure the throttle bodies weren't too loose (they said they were) .. and that's about it. $65 for that. I talked to the mechanic, he just said that he thinks it's a fuel delivery problem but he doesn't know where to begin. Ugh. Anyone wanna buy a non-running cbr? i've got 4k in it right now. First person with 3800 takes it home!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:44 PM

NEVER NEVER NEVER take it to a dealer. Find a local bike mechanic, who knows his ****, if you don't know of one, find one. They will be hungry for your business.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if bike wont rev ,it might the intake sensor..

Old 07-19-2009, 12:20 PM

I have a 2000 929 and it just started showing the exact symtoms your describing. I replaced the battery and plugs - no change. My next stop is the dealer, as may know already, you can spend a small fortune trying to find the problem.
Good luck......I'll post when I find my problem.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP (I'm BEGGING!) About to pull my hair out