CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

My new 929rr, few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011 | 09:12 PM
|
Default My new 929rr, few questions

I recently purchased a 2001 929RR bike. This is my second bike and im coming from a 2005 YZF600R. This is whats done to the bike. Im just wondering of any common upgrades that should be done to the bike to keep it at its fullest. Also one thing i noticed is the fact that the red light is always on, on the digital display when im riding, ive tried to search that up on here and came up with something about fuel injection, but im not too sure.

Thanks in advance.

-full Hindle exhaust
-Power Commander (pcIII usb)
-K&N air filter
-Clear Alternatives integrated led tail
-Hotbodies undertail
-Acumen dg8 (digital gear indicator)
-RK 520GXW Gold Chain, Superlite steel sprockets (-1/+2 less than 500 miles)
-SpeedoHealer V4 (to account for gearing change, speedometer and odometer report accurately)
-OES bar ends, frame sliders, and spool sliders
-Pitbull spool adapters welded to swingarm, 929s did not come with spool adapters attached to swingarm from the factory

Attached Thumbnails My new 929rr, few questions-929rr_4.jpg   My new 929rr, few questions-929rr_5.jpg   My new 929rr, few questions-929rr_1.jpg   My new 929rr, few questions-929rr_12.jpg   My new 929rr, few questions-929rr_6.jpg  

Old 04-12-2011 | 09:46 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

mr young you dont live in illinois do you?

i know a matt young lol

Old 04-12-2011 | 09:53 PM
|

Lol, nope i dont

Old 04-12-2011 | 10:46 PM

If your bike has a full exhaust check to see if the previous owner removed the servo that controls the flapper in the airbox and HTEV in the factory exhaust. The servo motor is located behind the left frame rail above the front sprocket cover. If its unplugged or removed it would cause the light to remain on.

Old 04-13-2011 | 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by backdoc
If your bike has a full exhaust check to see if the previous owner removed the servo that controls the flapper in the airbox and HTEV in the factory exhaust. The servo motor is located behind the left frame rail above the front sprocket cover. If its unplugged or removed it would cause the light to remain on.
And if so I have contact info for a guy that makes the eliminator and will shut that light off.....

Old 04-13-2011 | 03:56 PM
|

backdoc, i DO remember him telling me somethin about a mod he did of changing some thing to do with the exhaust because whatever it was killed performance or something. I dont know what a HTEV/Flapper or servo is but i believe he did mention one of those words.

And when i first turn on the bike, it does 3 slow blinks and 4 fast

Last edited by mattyoung; 04-13-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-13-2011 | 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
And if so I have contact info for a guy that makes the eliminator and will shut that light off.....
No need to remove the servo. Just remove the cables and leave it plugged up to the ECU and everything is fine. It is hidden out of view and the weight is not enough to worry about.

Originally Posted by mattyoung
backdoc, i DO remember him telling me somethin about a mod he did of changing some thing to do with the exhaust because whatever it was killed performance or something. I dont know what a HTEV/Flapper or servo is but i believe he did mention one of those words.
A full exhaust system removes the HTEV and requires a custom tune to get the most out of the exhaust system. The HTEV is retained with most 1/2 systems and all bolt-on mufflers. The HTEV sits between the factory header-midpipe and controls the exhaust flow from the header. It mixes the exhaust gases from each header pipe at different rpms to increase low/midrange torque. It helps performance way more than it hurts since the low/midrange is used much more than top end on a street bike. I did an experiment recently where I purchased a Hass Eliminator w/map to replace the factory HTEV to find out if there is any gain from removing it. On the first ride it was obvious that the bike struggled more in the lower rpm range. Just pulling out from a stop required more clutch and throttle. I was not going to spend several hundred dollars on a custom tune to most likely just get back to stock power. The final test was at the drag strip. The launch was much harder with the overall time being .2-.3tenths slower. I went to stock before last weekends bracket race and my bike was back to normal. My times were right back to where they were last year and the bike ran great.

Old 04-13-2011 | 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by backdoc
No need to remove the servo. Just remove the cables and leave it plugged up to the ECU and everything is fine. It is hidden out of view and the weight is not enough to worry about.
Yeah but for $29.00 and no headaches, i think its well worth it. Mine is on its way.

Old 04-14-2011 | 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Yeah but for $29.00 and no headaches, i think its well worth it. Mine is on its way.
What headache??? With the cables removed from the servo there is nothing that can go wrong so you can save your money.

Old 12-11-2011 | 10:02 PM

Ok, i know this thread is over half a year old but its the closest i could find to my problem and for some reason im not able to create a thread...
I have a 2001 929rr and everything is great on it except that the fuel light doesnt like to come on and warm me when im low on fuel... the first 24 hours i had the bike it came on but never again since... and i really want to fix it as i dont want to have to put gas in every time i decide to ride... plus ive already been stranded cuz i ran out of gas twice... and of course no one wants to stop and help...

If someone could help me id really appreciate it...

Quick Reply: My new 929rr, few questions