CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

I was just reading about wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I was just reading about wheelies

stock sprockets here,7g's is bout rifgt but ya gotta feel it,always clutch it up,you'll get away from bad habits faster that way.........
p.s. i still do lotsa power wheelie's too...........

Old 07-12-2007, 10:06 AM

Clutching is best, but until you get used to the front end being light you can just run some power wheelies in 1st or 2nd. Once your used to the front being off the ground just take one finger and barley slip the clutch and the bike will come up. I have -1/+3 and I don't snap the clutch I just let it out a bit faster then if I was leaving from a stop sign and it comes right up. Very easy. The plus to clutching is that no matter how your bike wants to run that day(from heat or what ever) when you clutch it up you almost always take it to the same revs so when the bike comes up it hits the same spot. Powering it up is a little more hit or miss.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a stock rear sprocket and one tooth down in the front.
I have no problem gettin a 3rd gear stand up. just clutch it, preload, and give it gas all at the same time.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i normally clutc it up around 5000. Its all about technique.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:31 PM

i was reading the thread and i had a question about how much gas input is their? is in moderate or do u just pin it and throw the clutch at 7k?

Old 07-18-2007, 06:40 PM

best thing to do is watch other people do it, IN PERSON. (or at least some detailed videos. there used to be some good ones on twowheel.tv but apparently that website is not working right now. just search for videos on youtube on learning wheelies)

still the best thing to do is watchsome local stunters do there thing, and ask them

Old 07-19-2007, 07:13 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qncPBZ9DRRkThat's where I learn from, I wanna be safe

Old 07-20-2007, 10:33 PM
RCR

Indiana929 RPMS are just a rule of thumb. listen to the bike as you practrice. If you give it full throttle your going to loop her. start off slow and increase the throttle a little each time. I personally never look at my tach. I get going about 25 to 30 lightly pull in the clutch, rev her until I hear the sweet spot and she comes right up( all about 1/2 sec) IM currentl;y working on getting into the balance point and keeping it there but clutchin it up is the most consistant.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:45 PM

I have a 929, geared -1 +5. I only clutch it up. Not for a lack of power, but for consistancy.

First gear I can bring up from a slow crawl... maybe 3-5 MPH. Well below when my bike wakes up at 3k RPM. I can also still clutch it up at 8k RPM. So the revs don't so much matter when clutching. Also, don't pin it and dump the clutch... that's the fastest way to rainbow your bike.

Get on the throttle just a little bit, so that your bike stabelizes, slightly roll on the speed. Then in a smooth motion, "slip" the clutch while adding throttle. The more throttle you give it while you're slipping the clutch, the higher it launches.

As far as adivce... my pointers:

1. Rear brake
2. Rear brake
3. Rear brake

Clutch em. Start small. Have fun, and be safe.

- Pixel -

Old 07-31-2007, 01:19 AM

To make sure I get this right, can you explain "Slipping" the clutch??? I'm guessing slight pull in of the clutch, roll power and quickly, not dump, the clutch. I'm assuming like racing off the green light and shifting through the gears, not closing all the way, etc...Did I get it right???

Quick Reply: I was just reading about wheelies