CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

How to weelie on the highway

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to weelie on the highway

No its not Joey, I'm a real person, I'm a grown *** man..er 27 year old. I guess with a pretty dumb question. How am I supposed to learn without asking someone though. You can't blame me for wanting to know. And asking my fellow 929 riders.
But that video was pretty scary maybe I will take it slow. As for the dueshe bag who said he can catych me on an EX500?? Are you on crack?
And playful god (the guy with kitten for a pic) talking about the size of dick??/ What a homo? Gay tendencies at all? Who talks...wait, even thinks about another mans dick? WHAT A ***!!!!
your looking for the M4M forum, this is the CBR forum??? Its 7.75" I can send you a pic if it would make you happy. A little J/O maybe, before work
I will take it easy on my bike, I dont want to kill anyone. I have respect for it. I just wanted to know how to do a GD weelie in higher gears!! Thanks for all the normal decent comments, the rest of you can **** off.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:26 PM

Listen buddy. (Joey, if this is you I'm going to slap you in the tooth!! [sm=icon_beat.gif])[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

First off, I wouldn't lip off to anyone with some experience. If you think you are fast......go to ANY local track day and watch liter bikes (ZX-10R, 1000RR GSX-R1000, R1/ all of which make way more power than your 929) and watch SV-650's go around them on the outside laughing all the while as the liter bike scrambles to catch them on the straight. Yes, I believe with the right rider an EX500 will smoke your *** and I doubt highly he would have said it if he wasn't packing the skills to do it. So....think before you speak son.

The reason they are jumping down your throat is because you just got the bike..............learn it. Dont be stupid. When you are informed that you might be heading down a path of stupidity, you retaliate with garbage like the post above. They are looking out for your best interest weather or not you know it. If after 3 months on a bike that is way to big to start and learn on, you think you are the best, you have a world of knowledge just waiting to be taught to you. And you will likely only learn the hard way, just like everyone else that piped up. They've already learned this through broken bones and wrecked bikes and some with the loss of others, dont be a douche.......a 100+hp motorcycle is no laughing matter, it will pound you into the ground the second you dont play by the rules.
Listen to their advice. Stay off the crowded highway to practice wheelies or better yet, get to know your bike first and the wheelies will be MUCH easier. THAT is the lesson to be learned here.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:26 PM

^^+1...Jumping into a 929 right away may not be the way to go either. I learned on a 600 and then have moved up for my 5th riding season. This is still a jump for going from a carbureted f4 to a FI 929. Throttle response and availablity of power is way different. I just learned to wheelie my 600 and still won't do it outside of first gear. Take it easy and start small. I will probably not wheelie my 929 until the end of this season(minnesota) when I feel comfortable doing it. Just ride to ride and things will come to you! Good luck, but remember that sportbike riders do have a bad rep, or at least in south central MN they do, so don't make it worse and become a statistic.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:02 PM

As for the dueshe bag who said he can catych me on an EX500?? Are you on crack?
Anytime any place....though I'd rather do this at the track so when you crash on L-1 in T-1 there'll be an ambulance already onsite to scoop up all your squidly pieces.

So, should I go pick one up? I just sawan EXwith 78,000 miles on it for like 500 bux....guarantee I'd hand you your *** even on that clapped out POS, plain and simple......or perhaps we could both use our 929's for this and I can show you how a real rider getsthe job done.

Even better, I'll do this on myanchor of an FZ1. Yep,heavy, carbed and steel-framed.

You tell me, squidly.

And for a "grown *** man" of 27 you certainly sound like you're young.

You might be physically 27 but mentally you're about 13.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

This has the makings of a great post As for the wheelie part its simple, learn to do them in first gear, in a secluded, safe area. When you have them well mastered, go find a nice empty back road, get to 65-70mph, and do what you learned in 1st gear, but in 3rd gear.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:31 PM

Bergs your an idoit. Why?
Watch this.
Okay bro, lets do it. You get that bike like you said and you back up your talk.
Now its your turn-> Oh wait, your not doing anything, your sitting on your *** on your computer talking stuff you will never back up. Save the sh*t talk for something you can back up.
Gixxerrator-rama what ever the hell that is??? You're in the CBR forum.
The second part of your letter made sense, the rest was you sounding like an idot claiming that one poster can back up his talk while another cant.
I live in San Diego, where I ride all day every day, it never rains it doesnt get cold. While i'm out riding the rest of the world is sittin' in.
And chicken strips??? Son I scrapped pegs two months after I bought the bike. Do you have any idea what SoCal riding is all about? I ride with men that push me to ride better.
I just want to be better at riding and everyone has to assume that I ride like a bitch or that I cant ride? WTF I can ride just fine and I'm ready to practice my high speed weelies, not per say on a highway! I guess I just worded the original post wrong. But you guys are gett'n under my skin now, you got my loggin into the site over and over. DMN IT!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CAlamari anyone?Hope you like it well done...
ORIGINAL: bergs

As for the dueshe bag who said he can catych me on an EX500?? Are you on crack?
Anytime any place....though I'd rather do this at the track so when you crash on L-1 in T-1 there'll be an ambulance already onsite to scoop up all your squidly pieces.

So, should I go pick one up? I just sawan EXwith 78,000 miles on it for like 500 bux....guarantee I'd hand you your *** even on that clapped out POS, plain and simple......or perhaps we could both use our 929's for this and I can show you how a real rider getsthe job done.

Even better, I'll do this on myanchor of an FZ1. Yep,heavy, carbed and steel-framed.

You tell me, squidly.

And for a "grown *** man" of 27 you certainly sound like you're young.

You might be physically 27 but mentally you're about 13.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Name:  georges-stpierre_matt-hughes_2.gif
Views: 29
Size:  1.85 MBName:  popcorn.gif
Views: 21
Size:  12.5 KB

Old 01-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: artfully logical

No its not Joey, I'm a real person, I'm a grown *** man..er 27 year old. I guess with a pretty dumb question. How am I supposed to learn without asking someone though. You can't blame me for wanting to know. And asking my fellow 929 riders.
But that video was pretty scary maybe I will take it slow. As for the dueshe bag who said he can catych me on an EX500?? Are you on crack?
And playful god (the guy with kitten for a pic) talking about the size of dick??/ What a homo? Gay tendencies at all? Who talks...wait, even thinks about another mans dick? WHAT A ***!!!!
your looking for the M4M forum, this is the CBR forum??? Its 7.75" I can send you a pic if it would make you happy. A little J/O maybe, before work
I will take it easy on my bike, I dont want to kill anyone. I have respect for it. I just wanted to know how to do a GD weelie in higher gears!! Thanks for all the normal decent comments, the rest of you can **** off.

Ok Mister Cant read. My post said for YOU STOP THINKING WITH YOUR DICK. And while you're at it stop posting with it too. I' put my money on the guy with the EX500 and a good 10 ppl on 600's can can smoke your *** anyday, anywhere. I dont doubt you have learned alot in your whole 3 months of riding. But by your attitude and moronic post, you are more worried about showing your *** than learning htf to ride. And for your parents and SO's sake I sure as hope you wear gear to go with your squidly riding.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:41 PM

Is this dude for real? I can't believe someone with that many years under their belt still thinks like a teenager. Dude, you have no idea how experienced some of these dudes are who are talking to you. No matter what your friends have taught you, you are a newb. I am a newb, but I don't come on here talking **** and thinking I can out ride those who have been up on two for longer than I have been alive.

Quick Reply: How to weelie on the highway