CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Full Brake Line & Master Cylinder swap on my 929

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Brake Line & Master Cylinder swap on my 929

Looking to get new lines and even a new master cylinder that is bleedable itself. A friend said I should look for an R6 or R1 master cylinder but I have no idea what year will fit onto the 929.

Does anyone know which years will swap on with minimal to no custom work?

Also HEL or Galfer lines?

Old 05-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I know the 929/954 master cylinder doesnt have its only bleeder screw but its not needed to bleed the brakes. When I changed my brake lines it only took a few minutes to bleed the entire front system. I just cracked the banjo bolt on the master cylinder like you would a bleeder screw a few times then moved on to the calipers with no problems at all.

Have you looked at Speigler brake lines? I have them on my 954 and you custom order them in any color line with any color banjo fittings to match your bike. The banjo fittings are also adjustable with a wrench provided to remove any kinks in the line for a better fit on your bike.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by backdoc
I know the 929/954 master cylinder doesnt have its only bleeder screw but its not needed to bleed the brakes. When I changed my brake lines it only took a few minutes to bleed the entire front system. I just cracked the banjo bolt on the master cylinder like you would a bleeder screw a few times then moved on to the calipers with no problems at all.

Have you looked at Speigler brake lines? I have them on my 954 and you custom order them in any color line with any color banjo fittings to match your bike. The banjo fittings are also adjustable with a wrench provided to remove any kinks in the line for a better fit on your bike.
Reason I'm replacing it is that I've tried several methods to bleed the system and there is always a spongy feel to the brakes each and every time. They will work and the bike will stop but the lever will almost be touching the grips even at setting 1 on the adjuster. I think there must be something wrong with the master itself and don't really want to bother to take it all apart, inspect it all and replace all the washers, rubber pieces, etc etc. Much rather get a newer master cylinder that will bolt on and have easier bleed access.

I have not looked at the Speigler lines yet but have heard of them. Will look into as well.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Robles929
Reason I'm replacing it is that I've tried several methods to bleed the system and there is always a spongy feel to the brakes each and every time. They will work and the bike will stop but the lever will almost be touching the grips even at setting 1 on the adjuster. I think there must be something wrong with the master itself and don't really want to bother to take it all apart, inspect it all and replace all the washers, rubber pieces, etc etc. Much rather get a newer master cylinder that will bolt on and have easier bleed access.

I have not looked at the Speigler lines yet but have heard of them. Will look into as well.
Lines will greatly improve that issue.....I have Galfer that ran about 100 shipped to the house. I also have wave rotors as well.... Brakes are tight. Even if you replace the master cylinder you still need a set of lines. You need to get rid of that 1 to 2 line set up and go with a independent line per caliper...