CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Constantly automatically revs high

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012 | 05:02 PM
|

I rolled the bike to the center of the shop to move the bars like wes 17 said. Then i started it up. it idled perfectly it wanted for a second to idle 3,000 but quickly went back down to 1,000. The fans for some reason started to work and everything was perfect again. i went on a short 1 mile ride. pulled it back in the shop and then the fan stopped and then it started to get hot again. I let it cool down. Its not doing that idle thing as of now. I want to buy a wire harness mine is hacked up and the previous owner tucked away is bad wire job very well.

my plan is to go back recheck fuses and connections then if no luck i will replace the wire harness. Then if no luck the temp sensor. if it starts doing that crazy idle i will remove the trottle cable like edwardzx7 said. if it starts doing the idle thing again with no cable i will know its the tps.

Thanks for the ideas i'm very new to motorcycles and have a hard time knowing where to start.

Old 11-16-2012 | 05:54 PM

You mentioned earlier your bike was "steaming"...check your resevior levels asap when cold. You need all coolant levels to be correct to help diagnosing. You said the fan stopped when you rode it....that sounds right. These bikes get hot very quickly, not like a typical car, and I`m not sure if they are actually working when asked and there isnt a problem. The eratic idling, with you maybe trying to check this and that along with low coolant levels and the bike just stationary mmmmmm......could be you just have a tight throttle cable and thats it....the overheating is caused by it running stationary and thats where your fans come into play..........now im confused.... I`m tired,,,,need to go to bed.....will try again tomoz if your not sorted. Laterz mate.

Old 11-16-2012 | 06:13 PM
|

Originally Posted by wes 17
You mentioned earlier your bike was "steaming"...check your resevior levels asap when cold. You need all coolant levels to be correct to help diagnosing. You said the fan stopped when you rode it....that sounds right. These bikes get hot very quickly, not like a typical car, and I`m not sure if they are actually working when asked and there isnt a problem. The eratic idling, with you maybe trying to check this and that along with low coolant levels and the bike just stationary mmmmmm......could be you just have a tight throttle cable and thats it....the overheating is caused by it running stationary and thats where your fans come into play..........now im confused.... I`m tired,,,,need to go to bed.....will try again tomoz if your not sorted. Laterz mate.

The fan should kick on at 218-220 from what I've read right. but it doesn't kick on. ill let it get to 230 degrees than i shut it off. the fan is def erratic. Ill get to the bottom of this weekend.