CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

General Questions?

Old 01-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Default RE: General Questions?

This is a post I put up some time ago.....
I have heard that some of you are having trouble with your right hand( throttle hand) falling asleep when you are riding for extended periods( not falling asleep while you are doing SOMETHING else..That is your own problem!! HA HA).....
you ride for a bit and lean forward enough to lower your elbow below the level of your wrist the blood will have a chance to drain back into your elbow instead. Your wrist is twisting the throttle and therfore the blood is rushing into your hand and because you arm is in a down position the hand is filling up with blood and going numb. I have done this for years. I rode my FZR600 across the U.S. 3 times in 9 months...so lay on your tank just enough to lower your elbow below the level of your wrist ( imagine making a "V")..dont forget to loosen your deathgrip on the bars..wigle your fingers...give it a few minutes and you will get sensation back in your fingers/hand.
TRUST ME!! IT WORKS AWESOME!!

Old 01-20-2005, 11:00 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Or use your back muscles to hold you up instead of all weight on wrists. I know some guys that are exhausted after 100 miles because they're using their arms/wrists to support their weight.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:36 PM

When I said, " lay on your tank enough...."I didn't mean to LAY on your tank!! I meant lean forward enough to allow your elbow to bend downward and be lower than your wrist to allow the blood to flow back into your hand.
When the sensation returns to your hand, sit back up normally.
LAYING on the tank is a dangerous thing to do on the street since it cuts down on your reaction time. You cant see very far ahead, or behind, and it limits your perifial vision. That position is for all out speed, and I think it looks silly to see someone doing it on the street for extended periods