CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 900RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-900rr-19/)
-   -   General Questions? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-900rr-19/general-questions-163/)

crxracerx 11-11-2004 01:20 AM

General Questions?

I just got some general questions to ask, so here goes:

1. Carbon fiber fenders/huggers anyone have them, any issues?
2. Reccomened oil and weight? (not manual spec's)
3. Any neat things on the bike i might not be aware of or it can do?
4. Any cool stories???

Baldman 11-11-2004 10:36 AM

RE: General Questions?

ORIGINAL: crxracerx

I just got some general questions to ask, so here goes:

1. Carbon fiber fenders/huggers anyone have them, any issues?
2. Reccomened oil and weight? (not manual spec's)
3. Any neat things on the bike i might not be aware of or it can do?
4. Any cool stories???

1. ART CF parts

2. Moto grade 10W-30 until 5k miles, convert to Amsoil synthetic 10W-30

3. Lots of 'neat' things on the bike. You will discover them as you increase your riding ability and become 'aware' of how impressive SS bikes are. Just dont get too cocky or she will show you who is in control. :D

4. Me and a buddy (rides a BMW) recently completed an Iron Butt SaddleSore 1000 (1000 miles in less than 24hrs). We did it in 14 hours, while stopping for lunch, gas, and viewing the hurricane destruction in Florida and Alabama.

chainstretcher 11-11-2004 09:29 PM

You're "respectability factor" just went up 10 points. Dayummm. Iron Butt on a 929 is impressive. What sort of "comfy" features have you added if any?

Baldman 11-12-2004 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

You're "respectability factor" just went up 10 points. Dayummm. Iron Butt on a 929 is impressive. What sort of "comfy" features have you added if any?
:) Nada, I am fond of the stock seat and would not trade it for any Sargeant or Corbin cruiser model. Neither of the plush versions provide enough support to keep my butt from getting sore on long rides (too soft) and they kill your ability to lean off of the bike. For me, if it doesnt offer functionality its not worth my hard-earned money. I did finally add the Ventura Rack System so I could easily pack a weeks worth of clothes/supplies, tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, and a few other things onto the bike.

My suspension leans toward the track, but I find it to be very comfortable (HyperPro progressive springs (front/rear) when dialed in for street riding (a few turns out). I will post a report after we go to Ohio (BMW International Fest) in June. There are several trips planned this year, but I am unsure of how many I will be able to attend (hopefully all of them).

chainstretcher 11-13-2004 04:50 PM

I hated the seat at first but have become used to it. And like you say, super easy to hang off of. My old gel seat was nice and squishy soft but you had to lift and hang off instead of just slide yer arse in the corners.

NeonspeedRT 11-14-2004 02:49 PM

I love the stock seat on my 900RR. I have no problems with it, and it's plenty comfortable for a long ride. However the longest i've been on for any point in time is about 3 hours. I'm looking foreward to doing some road trips this coming year.

crxracerx 11-22-2004 05:11 PM

I'm with Neon, I love my stock seat as well. At first it took some getting used to but after a few hours, no problem. We ended up riding about 6 hours last week, no soreness at all.

Archer 900RR 01-08-2005 07:10 PM

Yeah I too like my stock seat. I have thought about recovering it, but I dont know right now, My major problem with long rides are my hands and fore arms.. I notice they [hands/arms] are sore after a while... I think I need to get gel grips or something to soften up the grips... my hands cramp up after a while... and maybe I should put more lean on the tank... who knows. I'll figure somethign out, but I am not getting rid of my seat!

Archer

NeonspeedRT 01-10-2005 06:03 PM

Get some better grips. I used to have the same issues you did. I got some progrips with the gel liner. Wow. Those made a huge difference.

bwhittington00 01-19-2005 02:40 PM

Know of any good road trips?