CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

First time laydown

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First time laydown

No pics of the damage, but I don't think I need to replace anything but my gloves, Feeling better today, not so sore, goin out again this weekend!

I bought some extended frame sliders off of ebay yesterday. maybe they will help a bit more next time. I'm still amazed at how well they protected my bike!

Thanks again

Old 10-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you are all good Silver! Thumbs up for protective gears!

I went for a ride 2 weeks ago; almost went down. My stupid cause I was very much eager to ride since these days I seldom ride. Leaned to much and the bike slipped. luckily manage to control the bike; close call!

Just a reminder, be sure your frame slider is properly fixed at the right place and tight; my buddy's hayabusa suffered a bad rash from front to end on the plastics and engine cover when he went down and the slider broke; same time with me 2 weeks ago.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silverman925

MT, It seems to be about 50/50 by numbers here. By age it seems that the younger the rider the less protected they are. I'm 34 and always the most protected on group rides. Most of the people on cruisers around here are underprotected, but they are not going mach 3 around hairpin turns, but in the even that they go down they are usually underdressed, but they look good!!! IMO I look like a power ranger, all pure Red and Black and Grey in color. Mirror shield. I draw more attention with all my gear on, I feel that it is positive attention, insted of people saying "look at thet fool riding naked on a rocket, they are saying, thats dangerous but he's thinking and prepared for consequences. After all....wasn't the primary job of our parents to teach us to make good judgements and understand consequences? Too often it is too late before riders truelly understand how important it is to be prepared, even if it is inconvenient.

If you ride as much as I do, it's not a question of if I go down, It's a question of when I go down. I'm planning my next encounter with the asphalt presently.

Like I said though, I concentrate more on IMPACT protection instead of worrying about how many slides my gear will stand up to before it needs replacing. I have no problem replacing inexpensive textile gear after every fall, it's worth it. Leather is more expensive, stands up to sliding on the road more times, but it wont protect from impact.

Anyway that is a debate that could go on forever, as it has in the past.

Finally answer....Half of the riders here are crazy ignorant, regardless of what kind of bike they are riding. A person could lose a nipple out there!
At least it's 50/50 Silverman, where I live I cannot recall seeing a street rider wearing full leather gear like me for YEARS!

The last time I saw a rider was about 3 years ago.

You are right too about impact protection. I would love to see a suit that is affordable that has impact protection in the form of inflatable bags that a triggered like a car's airbag.

Except these bags protect a rider's neck, head, shoulders (collarbones), etc from breakage!