New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.
View Poll Results: Any good painting tips for the Bike?
Colors
0%
Prep
100.00%
Plastic repair 3m new flex Bond?
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

First Laydown(OUCH!!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking First Laydown(OUCH!!)

I am the owner of a 2003 600f4i. Olihns front forks, K&N Air filter, Hot bodies undertail, fender eliminator and 2 brothers exhaust.

Had my first laydown 6 weeks ago 30 mph turn going 85 usually goes fine but forgot about the cold tires!!(stupid) Luckily i went into the grass and did little damage to the bike, i did though break my collar bone and bruised a few ribs. I do have it all torn down getting ready for new paint so i have nothing worth posting as far as pics.

Sending my hello to all fellow CBR riders and look forward to learning some cool **** from the masses.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:21 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there BCB, sorry to hear about your bike. One thing about the members around here is that they won't give you much sympathy when you're taking 30 MPH corners at 85 MPH. This isn't GIXXER.com, lol. You're lucky you just busted the one bone and I'm sincerely glad to hear that you're in good health and are able to post. Just a heads up before you get your chops busted too much (which you probably will anyways, lol). Anyways, let us in on your progress and feel free to ask questions; there's tons of F4 owners here, so make yourself at home.
Welcome to CBRF

Old 10-22-2009, 07:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks for the heads up dude i appreciate it. Well speaking of questions, what is the best product to use to repair the plastic on the bike? I have some cracks and stuff that I need to repair from the lay down.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're going to get diffrent opinions as to whats best. I've used fiberglass with good results, but mainly on stress cracks, and have not attempted bodywork refinishing as with your scuffs. Here's a LINK. Do a search on fairing repair & you should see plenty of results.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome aboard. 85 mph on a 30 mph turn? Hmm... don't think much really needs to be said there

When painting Prep will affect your results the most. Some absolutely excellent paint jobs have come from the cheapest of rattlecans because the painter spent days on prep work. And some horrible paint jobs have come from the top of the line equipment because they didn't prep properly. Cracks in a fairing can be fixed with a cheap soldering iron and 5 minutes of time. But the time you spend prepping the repaired area for paint will determine how that cheap fix will look