CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Ever consider just getting a newer bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ever consider just getting a newer bike?

Yes Scutfargas you are so right. I very thankfully landed a side job this weekend and I'll be working for about 8 hrs in the hot sun, but it will be worth it.

Should get me enough money for our savings account. Then, that will free us up to send extra cash from our paychecks to my sister in law.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:09 PM

I think about buying a new bike all the time. Then I realize that I am lucky my wife lets me keep my 900RR with two young kids...

Old 08-08-2009, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by SpiritRR
I bet it will be 15k...even for the first production run of only 1000 units. Germany is serious about taking on Japan, and it is true they have copied mechanical layouts to do it, but it will still be unique. Traction control, for one. Not at all like just another R1 or GSXR or CBR...

Plus their entry into SBK makes the whole exercise worthwhile right there.
Ha! I knew it! In fact the BMW S1000RR is less than 15k ... by $1200 according to Motorcyclist. MSRP: $13,800 !!

Old 08-09-2009, 05:56 PM

I just bought brand new parts for a cb550 1976 model year and i know I can get parts for older bikes so what is the problem with a bike that is only 10-15 years old, someday they are gonna be beggin us for these bikes

Old 08-10-2009, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by MT Wallet
A serious question guys and gals.

With our bikes getting older and more worn out by the day, and with parts failing and with new and even used parts becoming harder and harder (if not impossible) to come by, at what point do you consider just selling the 900rr and getting a newer or even a brand new bike?

How do you guys keep your babies rolling and healthy, when parts makers are discontinuing parts for the 900rr?

There's absolutely no place that I know that sells a new wiring harness for the '93 900rr.

Yes, I did find a brand new stator for my 900rr, but I wonder if the seller has stopped making them and is now just selling off whatever is left?

What happens when no new stators are made or regulator/rectifiers?

And if our bikes do break down and cannot be fixed ( for lack of parts) who the heck is gonna buy our bikes?
I only ahve a 600.... but everyday I think ... especailly if Im doing a mod .. WHy am I doing this .... I could just save like 3 grnd .. and go buy a newer bike... FI larger rear tire.... the look and feel are both better... but then again .. I get on my f3 .. witht he work I've done .. I keep up to brand new 600;s... alll day......

all in all .. yes I'd buy new if I could afford it right now ... but tiil then my old clunker does the job JUUUSSSTTT fine ..

-Lee

Old 08-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Default hi ya'll.

yes, i would agree that as long as you have your own garage space... doooo it!! i live in a ghettoish area and it is a PAIN to have such a nice bike.

i gotta movie id rather feel proud pullin in everyday, im just paranoid lately.
this is my newest 900rr.. obviously. (its a pic from the guy who sold it to me.. but i havent yet sat on it... i'll be in cali sometime soon to go for a joy ride..) I really want a few HID kits for this bad boy yet. Can't wait to ride along the pacific...

sweet.

Peace,
Marley Mae

Last edited by monababy; 08-10-2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 08-10-2009, 11:03 AM

NOTE: i still love my 93 RR , and prob wont sell , but i do miss my old reliable F2. have anyone rode the 600RR? how does it compare to a big bike? im not into triple digit speed anymore, but i do love flickin around on short rides. I never had a complaint with my F2, but my 900 will pull up the front on its own.(something my old 600 would not do) is the 600rr a mix tween ? not a traitor , just interested.

Last edited by bambam; 08-10-2009 at 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-11-2009, 12:52 PM

Recently I have thought about selling my 99 as during a 1600 mile trip, I broke down catistrophically. Half way home my stator went, then my only key broke off in the tank. Then at the very end my front tire started showing cords. The friend who i was riding with helped me limp her home, and now $600 later i just don't think she is dependable anymore. I didn't have any problems finding a stator, regulator, and ignition/tank switch and key (Ebay and Cyclepartsnation.com). The problem i have is thinking at any time i might have to more than that into it. That and the fact i could be strainded at anytime. just not an easy feeling to deal with.

p.s cyclepartsnation.com is a great website for finding OEM parts and i have never needed something they didn't have, but thier prices are on the high side.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:39 PM

Great replies everyone and congrats on your new 900rr Mona.

Bike looks very nice.

About the 600rr, I have ridden only an 05 model and it felt extremely light and nimble. Like it would stop, start, turn on a dime.

The engine really had to be revved to high RPM to get any decent power, and forget about having any torque, especially if you compare it to the 900rr.

But it was a terrific bike and I can imagine it carving corners like magic.

Only really bad thing was my wrists were sore after that ride. This is the only bike to do that so far and I've ridden a few bikes in my time.

Thank you for the info about the parts store Eukanuba! I will check them out right now! And I do hope that if you keep your Fireblade, that you can fix all the problems.

ToddMonster, I'm glad you can still find parts for your bike, hopefully I will be able to find parts for my Blade in the future.