CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Don't be cheap like me - pay it foward!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 03:06 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Red face Don't be cheap like me - pay it foward!

Dear All,

DON'T BE CHEAP LIKE ME.....as you all know back in SEPT. my bikemaster battery went dead so I bought a cheap eBay one from Chrome Battery here:

YTX9 BS Motorcycle Battery for Honda CBR900R RR 900cc 93 '99 | eBay

I was thinking, since I only ride during the weekend & I have a Del Tran battery tender, how bad can it be if i bought a cheapest battery on the market that have 18months warranty. So I got the battery Sept. hook it up & everything was fine. During October, I had a busy week and forgot to put the tender on, letting bike sit for 2 weeks = 14 days.

Went to crank bike but stupid me forgot the CHOKE, cranking 10seconds or so...then battery weak, don't turn over. Hook the tender on, let it sit 1 hour, come back, pull choke, fire right up......said to myself, don't forget to hook up the tender. Ok, hook it up for 5 days, then crank it, starts but felt weak. No problem right? Ride it to the market, come back 10 minutes later, battery light up instruments, turn over weak, then gave up. Had to PUSH START.

You know that feeling of being stranded....ugly feeling. I then posted a topic about Lithium battery, but then went with TRU-GEL by BIKEMASTER. Now it's on the way to me.

Contacted CHROME BATTERY, 18 months warrant still good. Sales told me they may have sent me a defected one, and can replace a new one for me free of charge & all shipping cost covered. Chrome factory sent me a return label today. I'll have time this weekend to pull the seat to the battery & return it for a replacing. I have no need for it since I have already order a new one.

So, I am paying it forward to whom that is in need of a cheap battery. Just pay shipping & I'll forward to you. It's a AGM battery supposed to be pretty good & have 15 month warranty left.

PM me...K

Old 12-04-2012, 03:22 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Old 12-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With all due respect, the Bikemaster isn't exactly a "top of the line" brand for batteries, either. It's kind of like Duralast except for bikes. Next time you're looking for a battery, check out Motosport batteries. They're essentially Yuasa clones and are officially distributed by American Honda.. that and they all come sealed/prepped.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:30 PM
February 2012 ROTM

Noted and thanks...reason I went back to bike master (acid) because that's what I had for last 4-5 years without a problem. Now tru-gel supposely better, Price is in the mid $70.00, better than $29 eBay cheap ones. I am cheap, but I overkill it with the $30 battery.

How much motosport ones cost?