CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

900RR V.S 996 superhawk

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 04:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 900RR V.S 996 superhawk

so i currently have a 1994 900RR. the bike is completely spotless. i have had the engine rebuilt about 3,000 miles ago. i also just had the carbs rebuilt, a jet kit put in, micron carbon fiber exhaust slip on with headers, k&n air filter, and just a few other things. i bought the bike from my friend so i dont know much about it besides the money i put into it and how he wouldnt take it out of the garage lol. anyways, ... my neighbor rode the bike and says its very nice but then he said he was getting a bike that would kick the **** out of mine. i got home tonight and low a behold in the front of his house is a 98' 996 superhawk. the bike is stock but he insists that my bike is a piece of **** compared to his. i dont like to run my mouth about stuff, its just better off in case im wrong. so my question is ... will my cbr take his 996. i also have a head for mine that is ported and polished with different cams and nos! okay i wont take it that far, but standing right now do i have a chance to win in a race against this bike. i have been looking up specs and im still not sure. i would appreciate any help with this.

roger

Old 09-14-2006, 04:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 900RR V.S 996 superhawk

HMMM... Both equel ridders... wieght same... change in gearing, for eather??? Both fine bikes. The twin, may have good torque out of the corner... but up in the R's...CBR's Rock. Remind your friend,superhawks are no RC-51 !!!!!!! Ride safe, have fun. Lots of people have faster bikes, than mine... I cheer for them also !!!!!!!!!! I have twice the fun !!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 09-14-2006, 04:57 AM

Agree, hard to tell when you're not comparing apples to apples. The V twin versus Inline four..... Plus two different riders with different abilities and experiences riding. I think when all in all... it boils down to the riders and what type of race we're talking. Quarter mile runs, Canyon riding, track, etc.... Your running a 94 which technically makes it a 893cc and his a 996... Torque is high on the VTR1000F and you got more ponies even after considering the rebuild, not knowing what sprockets you have after buying from your friend... and his being bone stock.... too many factors here... not worth killing each other at least now, you have someone living real close that may care for bikes just as much as you! You can watch each other's back from prospective thieves lurking in your neighborhood, possible riding buddy, and you can share each other's experiences to improve your riding skills (Yeah, I know this may sound a bit g@y [&o]) Enjoy the fact that you have a bike to ride!!

Old 09-14-2006, 05:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

J900rr, a true motorcyclenthusist !!!!!!!! Well put. Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 09-14-2006, 02:53 PM

i think my sporckets are stock, the suspension was changed. i just talked to him and we agreed to be just riding friends but we might mess around on the bypass or something. his bike seems like it has more torque in the lower rpms, mine just screams in the power band. i guess we will ride around for a while and slowly find out how each of us ride. thanks for the input guys.