YOSHIMURA FULL EXHAUST OR SLIP ON?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOSHIMURA FULL EXHAUST OR SLIP ON?

IM READY FOR UPGRADES! CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME DECIDE ONTO WICH EXHAUST SYSTEM I SHOULD GO WITH AND WHY? ALSO WHAT PREPARATIONS DO INEED (TOOLS, PARTS, ETC....) IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET THE JOB DONE SEEING THAT IM DOING IT MYSELF. THANKS!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Default RE: YOSHIMURA FULL EXHAUST OR SLIP ON?

Hey My top exhausts are D&D, Yoahi, and 2 bros. The only part I think you will need to buy and a new exhaust clamp but I have used the same one 3 times and no problems so. other then that basic hand tools is all you need. Good luck and as for slip on or full well full will give you more but slip on is cheaper so whatever you are looking for.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:36 PM

I have the Yosh RS5 slip. Its great. If you go with a full exhaust, you will have to also get a PCIII and a air filter, and then have the bike tuned. If you get the slip on, all you have to do is install it. Pretty simple. I would recommend going with the slip on, and then spending the other money on sliders, fe, lights, windscreen, etc...

As for Yosh specifics, its very loud and typical sport-bike sounding. Very whiney in the high end, and deep at idle. Personally I like that sound, but to each his own. It also gets much louder after you put like 1000 miles on it. Its like twice as loud as it is now then when I got it.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:41 PM

I agree with bevertical, but if i was to do it over again, i would have done the full exhaust, bc now its gonna cost me another 150 for a mid pipe when i get the header from yoshi, really its do you wanna spend the money now or later.....I love the sound, but i just want more performance so you will probably end up the same route. Enjoy it, ride it and be safe......

Old 03-27-2008, 12:47 PM

Camaro, I concur. Can you tell me where you found the midpipe from yosh? I have not been able to locate it.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:55 PM

DAMN! SO YOU HAVE TO GET THE PSIII AND AIR FILTER IF I GO WITH THE FULL OR IS IT JUST BETTER? I THOUGHT U DIDNT HAVE TO TUNE IT UP SINCE IT IS FUEL INJECTED?

ORIGINAL: be vertical

I have the Yosh RS5 slip. Its great. If you go with a full exhaust, you will have to also get a PCIII and a air filter, and then have the bike tuned. If you get the slip on, all you have to do is install it. Pretty simple. I would recommend going with the slip on, and then spending the other money on sliders, fe, lights, windscreen, etc...

As for Yosh specifics, its very loud and typical sport-bike sounding. Very whiney in the high end, and deep at idle. Personally I like that sound, but to each his own. It also gets much louder after you put like 1000 miles on it. Its like twice as loud as it is now then when I got it.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: be vertical

Camaro, I concur. Can you tell me where you found the midpipe from yosh? I have not been able to locate it.
likewise... i was told that if i wanted to upgrade from my slip-on to a full system that i'd have to buy the ENTIRE full system... and could not get just the mid-pipe and headers from yosh directly.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:15 PM

Are you trying to squeeze every single ounce of HP you can get outof yer bike? or just want the soundandlook?

Old 03-27-2008, 09:37 PM

Dats rt!!! yoshi slip on is the only thing you need.. I have an 05 RR and It sounds and looks HOT!!!
Its easy to install a..all you need is the tools that comes in the bikes tool box and the instructions usually comes in the package.I installed it myself... and took me about and hour...cuz it was my first time...have funn!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/23964/BAB100E6321045C9829E99A517FAF2C7.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: YOSHIMURA FULL EXHAUST OR SLIP ON?