why are people so dumb?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 03:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why are people so dumb?

Well since it's been so cold here in Illinois and I can't ride my new 600 i've been dumping money into mods like crazy. New mirrors, bar ends, levers, changing the backlighting on the dash, etc. In the process I noticed that i had a rear signal out and in my attempt to replace the bulb i discovered that for some reason the guy who owned it before me actually SOLDERED the bulbs into the socket. Apparently either they didn't consider having to change a bulb or they just didn't plan on keeping it long enough to have to change one. Needless to say I just ordered the clear alternatives integrated taillight. Sometimes you wonder.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Default RE: why are people so dumb?

You could have went to the auto parts store and got a new socket.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:39 PM

yeah but this was another one in a long line of things rigged up on the bike and the frustration factor built up to the point of "i'll just replace all of it". And besides, I wanted the taillight anyway and this gave me a good excuse to get it (what the Mrs. don't know won't hurt her) hehe. Now if I can just convince her that the exhaust is shot and the only reasonable replacement would be a full titanium system.

Old 02-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell her Dr. Chainstretcher examined your ride and the only cure is indeed a full ti system. Otherwise your bike could die.

Old 02-05-2006, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: duck0872
Now if I can just convince her that the exhaust is shot and the only reasonable replacement would be a full titanium system.
You should explain to her that having a louder exhaust is a safety feature; got to let the a$$holes know your around!

Old 02-05-2006, 09:16 PM

some people just dont know how to fix/mod things.. and they dont understand the long-term effect.. the guy probbly had to think of a quick way to fix the blub, so he solder it.. (dont ask me why).. but that's what happens when you buy from private owners =/

good luck with fixing it man

Old 02-06-2006, 12:50 AM

the scary thing is that i got used from a dealer

Old 02-06-2006, 01:10 AM

WHAT THE F****?!?!... oh that's bullsh*t - they should've checked every part of that bike before they sell it.. dealers are so shady, cant stand them. But I would go to the dealership and ask for a new socket.. should have a warrenty on it.. (dont know what kind of warrenty you get) you probbly got the one where it's good for the fire.. (the campfire that is haha)

Old 02-06-2006, 05:13 PM

You're right they should have, but as we all know should have and did are very two different things. And of course it was used so there was no warranty. But like i said the integrated light was on my master "to-do" list, so I just had to bump it up a bit.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: duck0872

the scary thing is that i got used from a dealer

Go back to the dealer and see what they will do.

Quick Reply: why are people so dumb?