Old 08-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who else hates their bike?

sorry but....Ialmost don't care about the swingarm when I chose a bike! [8D]

Old 08-20-2007, 09:50 AM

ORIGINAL: arkansashog2

I have had my bike for a year now and have made some cool mods, but I just cant get past the look of my ugly *** swingarm. I have seen them powder coated and they look just ok, its just one ugly swingarm. This was my firstbike, so I didnt really pay attention to the little things, like fuel exhaust tubes the wrong color,3 different colors of powder coating. I was going to get that all PC ed, but Im sick of pouring money into this POS. Those of you that waited for the 07, GOOD CALL.
Don't get mad, get even with that POS 600RR. Take a sledge hammer and modify that swingarm to your own personal tastes. I guarantee the bike willhandle better and look better with every modifying smash. Now get out therePicasso and send us some pics of your newly modified bike!

[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 08-20-2007, 10:18 AM

This is funny. You can tell the ridersbecause they don't think about cosmetics much. Still, on my CBR, and on every other bike, there are some things I'd change.

I don't care for the big Honda wing on my fairing or the flashy model stikers. I could repaint it but I don't want to spend money on cosmetics. (Although I think it would be fun to change "F4i" to "FUi.") Cast parts irk me. I wish someone would find a way to use billet parts cheaply so that I don't have to see parts like my upper tripple clamps anymore. But that's the prob of mass production.

I want a CNC machine!! Let's all go in on one and make our own parts. Hah. And while we're at it, let's get together and pay a salary to a good exhaust man...there is no reason 10ft of stainless steel pipe welded together into an exhaust should cost 2000 bucks!

Old 08-20-2007, 10:54 AM

I think I understand your concerns but, as previously stated, it's all about the karma. Logicly, a motorcycle (or any other machine for that matter) is a collection of metal, plastics, rubber and a few litres worth of fluids. BUT, the machine is always more than the sum of it's parts.[/align] [/align] I bought a used '89 Hurricane that had been dropped on each side. The rear tire was almost burnt off by the previous owner most likely from smokin' the rear tire to show off for some girls. Is she ugly? Perhaps to a lot of eyes. But I lined her up at work between a new SV1000 on one isde and a brand new outta the crate Vulcan 1500 on the other. One was faster and sexier and the other was all shiny chrome and slick black leather. Was I embarrassed? Not in the least. My little 600 workhorse has seen me safely through rain and sidewinds that threatened to put me in the ditch. She has been my sole mode of transport for almost 2 months now and I'm coming up on 3,000 kms of my own on her in addition to the 38,000 she already had.[/align] [/align] Try to show some respect for the machine you chose. If that swing arm is really THAT ugly then pass her along to someone who will appreciate her more. But take it from a guy who has had nothing but bad vehicles before getting into motorcycles. Dollar for dollar and pound for pound, I'll take any bike over some damned SUV or some bulky mini-van - swing arms be damned! [/align]

Old 08-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dorkbiker

I don't care for the big Honda wing on my fairing or the flashy model stikers.
That's why I peeled them off

Old 08-20-2007, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Spartan

I think I understand your concerns but, as previously stated, it's all about the karma. Logicly, a motorcycle (or any other machine for that matter) is a collection of metal, plastics, rubber and a few litres worth of fluids. BUT, the machine is always more than the sum of it's parts.[/align] [/align] I bought a used '89 Hurricane that had been dropped on each side. The rear tire was almost burnt off by the previous owner most likely from smokin' the rear tire to show off for some girls. Is she ugly? Perhaps to a lot of eyes. But I lined her up at work between a new SV1000 on one isde and a brand new outta the crate Vulcan 1500 on the other. One was faster and sexier and the other was all shiny chrome and slick black leather. Was I embarrassed? Not in the least. My little 600 workhorse has seen me safely through rain and sidewinds that threatened to put me in the ditch. She has been my sole mode of transport for almost 2 months now and I'm coming up on 3,000 kms of my own on her in addition to the 38,000 she already had.[/align] [/align] Try to show some respect for the machine you chose. If that swing arm is really THAT ugly then pass her along to someone who will appreciate her more. But take it from a guy who has had nothing but bad vehicles before getting into motorcycles. Dollar for dollar and pound for pound, I'll take any bike over some damned SUV or some bulky mini-van - swing arms be damned! [/align]
+1 and an AMEN!

Old 08-20-2007, 04:12 PM

No offense and I know I will be slammed, but for my size and weight the GSXR 750 would have been a better choice for me.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:49 PM

Then why didnt you/dont you buy one and quit the bitchin. All of you post on this name and you old one are about how bad your bike is, how much it sucks, and how much you hate it. Man up and buy a different bike, or learn how to ride this one. But I thihnk you learn how to ride this bike in about a week right.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:24 PM

how can you bash your bike that bad, CBRs look as good if not better then anything on the market right now, its a sport bike, it is made to go fast, a result of going fast makes it look fast, so there for it looks cool. form follows function. If you want a "better" looking bike go by a cromed out Hyabusa or an OC custum chopper.

or some bulky mini-van - swing arms be damned! [/align]
I drive a mini van and thus take offence to that. she is beutiful in a 'child with downs syndrome' sorta way.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Gville George

how can you bash your bike that bad, CBRs look as good if not better then anything on the market right now, its a sport bike, it is made to go fast, a result of going fast makes it look fast, so there for it looks cool. form follows function. If you want a "better" looking bike go by a cromed out Hyabusa or an OC custum chopper.

or some bulky mini-van - swing arms be damned! [/align]
I drive a mini van and thus take offence to that. she is beutiful in a 'child with downs syndrome' sorta way.

you should trick the mini van out. some black wheels, exhaust, a lil spoiler on the back, make it look cool.

Quick Reply: Who else hates their bike?