CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   wheelies (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/wheelies-41597/)

Spineshanked98 06-14-2007 07:40 PM

RE: wheelies

yah i guess i got showed up, lol. I just prefer to use the clutch i know exactly how fast and hard its going to come up. As for the 85-90 mph wheelies on the interstate count me out. Havnt you ever seen the crusties crashes? A 28 yr old man was killed here 2 days ago doing stupid ass **** like that, he also killed an elderly lady in the backseet of a subaru. That was probably someones grandma, and ill tell you what you dont **** with my grammy! lol

champ24 06-14-2007 08:38 PM

good call gixxereater i couldnt have said it better myself

shongboy 06-15-2007 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: thekid_600rr

power wheelies are for rookies well when you are on the interstate in second gear passing people at 85-90 mph on a power wheelie lets see who is the rookie. The trick to a good wheelie is hoping the bike. Put it in second gear and find the sweet spot where the most torque is. Then bounce the bike useing your leges on the way up nail it real hard and and balance your self on the bike . you want to be standing strait up and down and make sure not to go to far forward or back. There is also a sweet spot for me it is 85-90 and you can just hold it there untill you get tired. I would go some where when know one is around and just practice it. Clutch wheelies are for pussys that dont have the balls to hold a real wheelie. And they are real bad for your bike!
worst post i ever read. you can power your wheelies up on the interstate and ride past at 85-90 mph all you want. you think doing wheely at 12k rpms is better for your bike then clutching it up at 7-8k? i'd rather clutch it up at 7k rpms bring it straight to the balance point and ride it for as long as i want at 65. power wheelies are for squids why do you think so many people loop it doing power ups? your chacing it the whole time trying to get to balance point. and clutching up a wheely barely effects your clutch i just replaced mine on my 06 after 13k miles and i've been clutching wheelys since day one. the only reason it burnt out was because i smoked it trying to do rolling burnouts. some people just have no clue what they are talking about!!!

2003cbr600rr 06-16-2007 12:06 AM

well, I am not the best at it but it feels like I have more control and the bikeseems more stable (to me) when you take off in first at a 1/2 throttleand about 7000-8000 rpm give it a quick blip and it will stand right up pretty quick, hold the throttle evenly like you would cruising the bike. when you have had enough let off slowly holding the front so you don't get into a tank slapper.

I tried the clutching method but I guess because I suck at stunts (I am more in to turns) it seemed harder to get the nice smooth lift

transamlt1man 06-16-2007 01:57 PM

I can ride the balance point for miles but I do enjoy a nice power wheelie up to 100mph sometimes... nothing wrong with that [sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Spineshanked98 06-18-2007 04:35 AM

Yah going thats fast its pretty much impossible to clutch it up withought some major bouncing action anyways.

thekid_600rr 06-18-2007 05:22 AM

Well i guess you guys tooke what i wrote the wrong way. I said i can ride one threw trafic at that speed. You really think i am that stupid. The point was that clutching your bike is bad for the bike and it is the worst way to learn to ride a wheelie. No controll unpredictable just sucks... I am able to ride a wheelie lean it left and right go fast hold it at 50 or even go faster 85-90 with out any concern of recking. Sorry if i ofended any one and all of that stuff but clutching the bike is the wrong way to learn. I have 17000 reck free miles on my 05 and way mor on my old bikes. i have never been down on a street bike. Dirt on the other hand have a few broke bones...good luck The Kid

tyson_rr 06-18-2007 11:02 AM

wtf? i can ride wheelies clucthing it up in second anywhere frome 40-65 mph but no matter how high i rev (even redline) when i try to clutch up in 3rd it wont come up maybe a hair but thats it? i want to be able to to do them in 3rd because i suck at shiftin while in the air from second. So how the f*ck do you guys wheelie in 3rd WITH stock gears....alls i got is a slip on so is that problem? do i need more power

Spineshanked98 06-18-2007 03:49 PM

I think like they were saying before if you wanna do wheelies in third your going to have to do some bouncing to preload the shocks then when they come up and your in the sweet spot in your rpms really goose it and it should come up, that for me is a little sketchy though i would rather just click it into 3rd once i had it up, how come your finding that hard. Dont use the clutch of course just keep throttle the same and click it in if your on that balance point it should be money.

tyson_rr 06-18-2007 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Spineshanked98

I think like they were saying before if you wanna do wheelies in third your going to have to do some bouncing to preload the shocks then when they come up and your in the sweet spot in your rpms really goose it and it should come up, that for me is a little sketchy though i would rather just click it into 3rd once i had it up, how come your finding that hard. Dont use the clutch of course just keep throttle the same and click it in if your on that balance point it should be money.
i think the prob is the size of my foot lol...i have adj rearsets and there as far back and up as possible which i love the riding stance but my toe definalty doesnt chill on the shifter but i guess im just being a pussy cause i could move my foot the inch or so....im gunna go practice doing it today...