CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   wheelies (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/wheelies-41597/)

meanstrk 06-11-2007 01:00 PM

RE: wheelies

power wheelies are for rookies well when you are on the interstate in second gear passing people at 85-90 mph on a power wheelie lets see who is the rookie.
No, that is the perfect definition of a jackass squid.

itms1022 06-11-2007 01:21 PM

I second the jack ass squid remark! Do not follow his advice unless you have a death wish.

gixxereater 06-11-2007 02:12 PM

HOLY ****!! It's like everything.........there are different ways to do the same thing........some like one way.......others prefer the other way.

Personally, I use power in second and do them standing up. I sometimes power up in first in a sitdown and then shift to 2nd/3rd to carry and lower RPM. Is that the right way? Maybe not for a "stunter", but it's the most comfortable for me. Am I a rookie? Probably. Can I carry a wheelie as far as I care to? Yup........so each to his own. The reason stunters say the clutch is for more difficult SLOW wheelies. You can't power a wheelie up at 5mph and keep it there........hence the clutch.
The best advice I can give you is if this is your first bike and you are still fairly new or had "dirt bike" experience........then just dont do it for a while or you'll likely lose it sometime. If not......then go slow and learn SLOWWWWW. Bring it up a little higher each time and get a feel for what it feels like when you come up. Find what you're comfortable with and use it.

meanstrk 06-11-2007 03:26 PM

Great post Gixxereater!

Shortysboy09 06-11-2007 03:38 PM

+1 gixxereater said it perfect.

rdrink25 06-11-2007 05:25 PM

the whole thing i was trying to get at is @ what speed should you atempt to power wheelie or better yet rpm and are you supposed to open the throttle or just blip it

gixxereater 06-11-2007 06:19 PM

Well...on that particular bike it doesnt make any power until at LEAST 8k so I would say if you pin the throttle in 1st by about 10k the front tire will likely be off of the ground by you doing nothing more than simply twisting the throttle all the way open in 1st and hanging on.
If you want it to come up at a lower RPM then you will have to "blip" the throttle at around 7-8k. That will get it off the ground quicker than just pinning it open.......and if you want it done real fast........well use the clutch in 1st gear (I wouldnt do it in first unless you have some skills and know what you are doing) and at around 5-6k clutch it up. I would guess it'll come up at that RPM with the clutch. I haven't ridden a 600RR but my GF's R6 is a high strung little bastard too and at 8k a blip of the throttle will get it right off the ground.

900rr_Guy 06-11-2007 10:12 PM

+2 on gixxereater

Hatebreed 06-11-2007 11:12 PM

yah mine will come up when pinned in 1st around 10.5k r's. when i want to "blip" it 7-8k works great just like gixereater said. but man, a 520 conversion kit will work wonders if your looking into doing some nice lil wheelies.

transamlt1man 06-12-2007 01:53 AM

Clutch 1st 2nd 3rd or bounce 1st 2nd 3rd standing of sitting whatever u like. I like to bounce 2nd standing up. 3rd will get you in trouble sometimes [sm=icon_blah.gif]