what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think?

im going to get it 2morrow evening!!! real excited whats everybody elses opinion?

2007 cbr600rr red/black, jardine rt-1 exhaust, fender eleminator kit, flush mount blinkers,rearend lowered 2 inches, 2700 miles not a scratch on it, and in new condition!!!!!!! paying 5,500 for it

Old 11-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Default RE: what do you think?

Good deal just make its a clean title

Old 11-11-2008, 11:50 PM

get it b4 i find out about this..LOL
good luck. yeah make sure the Title is clean.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:19 AM

I think you did good. I just bought the same bike like 3weeks ago but with a **** load of mods. Two brothers exhaust frame sliders bar ends crg shorty levers swing arm spools power commander led kit k&N air filter and some more that i cant remember off the top of my head. I got a sweet steal for 6700 with 4500 miles on it. Never been dropped not a scratch on it looks like it came off the showroom floor lol. So if your paying 5,500 thats just about right and is a good deal.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:28 AM

thanx for all the imput i def am going to get the bike i just hope it al works out with the weather. ill post some more pics and soon!!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:33 AM

this is my 1st street bike and i had a couple ppl say that this bike was to big for me to start off does any1 have any opinion on that? and in would be great if you could let me in on any tips while driving this bike considering its my 1st bike? the reason i went big is becase i always buy the smaller fourwheeler etc... then a week or 2 im ready for a bigger one so i went all out with the 600rr. thanx in advance!!!!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:39 AM

How tall/big are you? Take that lowering kit off. I honestly think it is too much bike for a first time, and hell its very pretty DONT DROP IT.

Step one:Buy gear (yes everything, boots, pants, jacket, gloves, helmet)
Step two:Take a motorcycle saftery course. Listen to EVERY word the instructor says, his knowledge is invaluable. Learn to drive a stick shift first, if you havent done so.
Step three:Be careful with the bike over 5500-6000 RPMs, this is where the bike gets real fast. Ever driven a car with turbo lag? If so, you'll get it.

When you ride, pretend you are invisible and try to be as aware as possible.

Oh yeah, wear your gear.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice ride, I have the same one, even have the same flush mounts and exhaust on it, had to look outside to make sure mine was still there, thought it might havebeenstolen. My first bike was an 03 600rr, as long as you respect the bike, dont drive like an asshat and take your time to learn you'll be fine. Sure it might be safer for you to start out on something smaller but i agree i think you would get bored with it in a hurry, i know i would. My buddy started riding this summer and he went out and bought a brand new suzuki gs 500 to start, now he really regrets it, he's out almost 8 grand and is stuck with a bike he's bored with.

WEAR YOUR GEAR!

Old 11-12-2008, 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Timmy_Jones

How tall/big are you? Take that lowering kit off. I honestly think it is too much bike for a first time, and hell its very pretty DONT DROP IT.

Step one:Buy gear (yes everything, boots, pants, jacket, gloves, helmet)
Step two:Take a motorcycle saftery course. Listen to EVERY word the instructor says, his knowledge is invaluable. Learn to drive a stick shift first, if you havent done so.
Step three:Be careful with the bike over 5500-6000 RPMs, this is where the bike gets real fast. Ever driven a car with turbo lag? If so, you'll get it.

When you ride, pretend you are invisible and try to be as aware as possible.

Oh yeah, wear your gear.
Step one should be take the MSF course Not Buy gear IMO. A 600RR is not a bad first bike as everyone says it is just dont believe the Hype. Also you will fall under the curse of DROPPING your first bike whether its forgeting to put the kickstand down breaking too hard and not being straight up or just leaving your bike on hot gravel withought a soda can are rookie mistakes. As far as driving it, it is all THROTTLE CONTROL my first bike was a 02f4i and the RR's are very twitchy and aggressive just be easy on the throttle and take your time dont rush.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:52 PM

Were was this bike located at, again?

lol