what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what do you think?

ORIGINAL: bapishere

ORIGINAL: Timmy_Jones

How tall/big are you? Take that lowering kit off. I honestly think it is too much bike for a first time, and hell its very pretty DONT DROP IT.

Step one:Buy gear (yes everything, boots, pants, jacket, gloves, helmet)
Step two:Take a motorcycle saftery course. Listen to EVERY word the instructor says, his knowledge is invaluable. Learn to drive a stick shift first, if you havent done so.
Step three:Be careful with the bike over 5500-6000 RPMs, this is where the bike gets real fast. Ever driven a car with turbo lag? If so, you'll get it.

When you ride, pretend you are invisible and try to be as aware as possible.

Oh yeah, wear your gear.
Step one should be take the MSF course Not Buy gear IMO. A 600RR is not a bad first bike as everyone says it is just dont believe the Hype. Also you will fall under the curse of DROPPING your first bike whether its forgeting to put the kickstand down breaking too hard and not being straight up or just leaving your bike on hot gravel withought a soda can are rookie mistakes. As far as driving it, it is all THROTTLE CONTROL my first bike was a 02f4i and the RR's are very twitchy and aggressive just be easy on the throttle and take your time dont rush.
In the Maine MSC you have to "bring a dot approved helmet, jacket, gloves, and over the ankle boots". So yes, Gear first, then class, then ride.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:12 PM

hey had some problems getting the bike but still am probably monday or some time next week!!! he uped the price 2 6300 we had a miss comunication.....or something.....damn ***.......... but i got a HJC helmet thats snell and dot approved + i am going to take the coarse as soon as i get use to the bike. Im 5'8" and about 180lbs almost.my buddys nice enough to let me ride his bike every now and again around town for the past week and a half. his bike is a ninja 650r 2006 model stock!!!! i like the advice of the coke can thats preety cool along with all the other advice but any more info on all this would be great!!!!!!!!! im very interested and nervous at the same time lol i hope i dont drop that bike but yeah thanx for all the replys and thanx in advance to all future one!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: bapishere

How tall/big are you? Take that lowering kit off. I honestly think it is too much bike for a first time, and hell its very pretty DONT DROP IT.

Step one:Buy gear (yes everything, boots, pants, jacket, gloves, helmet)
Step two:Take a motorcycle saftery course. Listen to EVERY word the instructor says, his knowledge is invaluable. Learn to drive a stick shift first, if you havent done so.
Step three:Be careful with the bike over 5500-6000 RPMs, this is where the bike gets real fast. Ever driven a car with turbo lag? If so, you'll get it.

When you ride, pretend you are invisible and try to be as aware as possible.

Oh yeah, wear your gear.
Step one should be take the MSF course Not Buy gear IMO. A 600RR is not a bad first bike as everyone says it is just dont believe the Hype. Also you will fall under the curse of DROPPING your first bike whether its forgeting to put the kickstand down breaking too hard and not being straight up or just leaving your bike on hot gravel withought a soda can are rookie mistakes. As far as driving it, it is all THROTTLE CONTROL my first bike was a 02f4i and the RR's are very twitchy and aggressive just be easy on the throttle and take your time dont rush.
In the Maine MSC you have to "bring a dot approved helmet, jacket, gloves, and over the ankle boots". So yes, Gear first, then class, then ride.

Sorry not from around those parts. I am from Jersey and our MSF course they supply everything except for boots and people dont even wear boots they bring their sneakers to the course. oh and W03328222 its a good idea to take the course before you even ride the bike. Its like learning how to walk then crawling after you've learned how to walk.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:08 PM

Congrats on the purchase. Nice bike!

Please drop the bike off to your nearest dealership to remove the lowering link and set the suspension back to stock please.

+1 Gear for the RIDER and the BIKE (Frame sliders, Bar-ends, Spools)
+1 MSF course prior to riding your bike

Ride with-in your limits. If you feel like learning the limits of the rider/bike, sign up for a riders school day at your nearest track (Keith's Code is a good one)

PRACTICE PRACTICE and MORE PRACTICE, nothing wrong with setting up cones and practicing braking, slow manuerability,EMERGENCY braking...etc in a big parking lot

When riding Look WHERE you want to go, not where you THINK you're going to end up.
Keep your wrist down(below the throttle) while riding...that way when you hit a bump you don't hit the throttle unexpectantly
Dress for the Crash not the Ride... AGATT (All Gear All The Time) Riders that have gone down and riders that will go down.

Read this entire thread https://cbrforum.com/m_360824/tm.htm

This thread is a nice one to read too https://cbrforum.com/m_520088/tm.htm

As long as you respect the bike and its power you will be fine with the RR.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:22 PM

where was this deal when i was in the market last year?....

Old 11-13-2008, 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: w0332822

hey had some problems getting the bike but still am probably monday or some time next week!!! he uped the price 2 6300 we had a miss comunication.....or something.....damn ***.......... but i got a HJC helmet thats snell and dot approved + i am going to take the coarse as soon as i get use to the bike. Im 5'8" and about 180lbs almost.my buddys nice enough to let me ride his bike every now and again around town for the past week and a half. his bike is a ninja 650r 2006 model stock!!!! i like the advice of the coke can thats preety cool along with all the other advice but any more info on all this would be great!!!!!!!!! im very interested and nervous at the same time lol i hope i dont drop that bike but yeah thanx for all the replys and thanx in advance to all future one!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn i knew 5,500 was too good to be true hahaha 6300 is still a good price try to find something wrong with it when you see it in person so he can lower the price. Tell him its 2 years old the 09's are out, and look for gook grease and grime by the chain alot of people dont do chain maintainance they just ride lolol

Old 11-13-2008, 12:35 PM

+1 on the msf course. Not only does it give you a motorcycle endorsement it also teaches you things that you woulnt learn by yourself. It helps you to develop good habits instead of ones that might cost you your life. This is is dangerous but fun as hell. Be safe out there and keep the shiny side up...

Old 11-13-2008, 01:03 PM

i went to check the bike out to see if it was worth all the troble and it was crazy he told me the bike was used riding with his brother and he sold his so he dosent ride anymore but had changed the oil at 2000 miles(1st time). the bike is super clean like off the showroom floor i mean the chain still looked brand new.......... the bike is def. all the guy said and more it sounds great. he put the front flush blinkers on it with all the other stuff so i think its gana be worth the 6300 but ima try and get him a little lower lol!!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 01:07 PM

when i get this bike should i really take the 2" drop off the rear b/c it makes the bike sit level and i like it b/c i can get my leg over it a little easier lol but i know safety 1st!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 01:35 PM

to be honest i would take the drop off I am 5'8 around 195 200lbs and when i bought my bike the guy who sold it to me was shorther than me lolol. He didnt have any problems and did not lower it. I definetely dont have any problems my leg goes right over it no problem. You probably dont want to get use to the lowering fit if the stock settings is not a problem. Change it back or tell him to do it before he sells it to you