Track Days...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Track Days...

I live near Charlotte and didn't think there were any tracks near us either. Closet two i thought were VIR (Virginia International Raceway) and one in Atlanta i believe.

Found out about this on another forum. It's a track located in Kershaw, South Carolina, which looks like it might be a little over 4 hours from you in Jacksonville; but not too far from Charlotte. If you go to their website and look at the events, you can see they run sportbike weekends for like a saturday and a sunday combo. I almost did it at the end of September but decided not to. From what i understand they were running a pretty good deal on that weekend thing, like $120 for Satuday and maybe $200 for both. They also have a bunch of information on the two sites about the different classes you can run, and what you have to do to be able to race, i.e. prep work, leathers, etc.

This is the link to Carolina Motorsports Park, has track info and under events you can see when the sportbike days are.

The link to the Sportbike Track Time which I think is the company the park goes through, but hell, I could be wrong.

That's all i got, so hope that helps a little bit.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Track Days...

Wow thanks alot man. Just found out my dads harley ridin *** is thinkin of getting a sport bike just so he can hit the track with my friend and I when we go...seeing as how i dont think his Harley Ultraclassic would fit in lol. Thanks again for all the info.