Tommorrow I test ride the 600RR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tommorrow I test ride the 600RR!!!

ORIGINAL: JC00

thats is freaking awesome, congrats on your bike. you explain itlike a dream you have a real passion. i also have only rode a carborated 96 f3. i can not wait to get on my 06 carborated RR. i am super stoked for you that is awesome. ride on and ride safe

Old 12-14-2007, 12:50 PM

thats is freaking awesome, congrats on your bike. you explain itlike a dream you have a real passion. i also have only rode a carborated 96 f3. i can not wait to get on my 06 carborated RR. i am super stoked for you that is awesome. ride on and ride safe
Carbed RR?

Old 12-14-2007, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Carbed RR?
I just caught that myself.

This guy, JC00, is just a troll my buddy Six...

And I think I could guess specifically who.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:45 PM

Congrats! Weather got pretty nasty here, but you made it home already!

I'm not sure about the toy run Sunday, pretty cold.

I have a Scorpio alarm with perimeter sensor, ignition override, and remote paging on my 954. Real sweet.

Next weekend weather may be good for riding!

Old 12-14-2007, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: randyjoy

Congrats! Weather got pretty nasty here, but you made it home already!

I'm not sure about the toy run Sunday, pretty cold.

I have a Scorpio alarm with perimeter sensor, ignition override, and remote paging on my 954. Real sweet.

Next weekend weather may be good for riding!
Oh dude, you ain't kiddin.

I was riding home alternately gloving/wiping my visor...flipping up the visor...gloving my glasses, repeat ad nauseum.

When I got all the paperwork done and sorted it was about 10:15am, and wasn't really raining, more like a thick soupy, fog and mist.

Tomorrow is supposed to be cold, but at least clear.

I'm going to run a coupla' tankfulls through this baby.

Did I mention this thing is fast. Shockingly fast when you get on it.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:58 PM

oops dangit sorry guys. i meant to say my non carborated, i was on my lunch and trying ti write fast. what hte heck is a troll?? sorry if i am alittle unorthadoxed i am pretty new to this forum thing. but i can proise you i do have a 2006honda cbr 600rr. that i can not ride. the bike onlyhas about 1900 mles on it. i just hope i can get this all resolved soon.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:33 AM

oops dangit sorry guys. i meant to say my non carborated, i was on my lunch and trying ti write fast. what hte heck is a troll?? sorry if i am alittle unorthadoxed i am pretty new to this forum thing. but i can proise you i do have a 2006honda cbr 600rr. that i can not ride. the bike onlyhas about 1900 mles on it. i just hope i can get this all resolved soon.
Oh..my apologies then.

Just didn't know what the he** you were talking about.

Hope you get your situation worked out.

My only situation now, is in the morning I have to add this bike to my insurance policy, (and now growing fleet of motorcycles? Hehe).

Thank God I already paid the thing in full...meaning just liability and theft is all I'll get on it, no C&C also, aka FULL payments, which often are more expensive than if you financed the thing and have to make two monthy payments. A Bike or car, plus insurance.

I know that when I financed my first sport bike, (the now oft mentioned Kawi 1992 ZX-6), my monthly insurance payments were
more than the bike payments! I was in my early 20's then as well, the press were calling all motorcycles, "murdercycles", so
that did not help.

Anyhoo...soon as it quits raining and the insurance office opens, I'll be out riding a bit...and a bit more. 40 degrees for a high?

Who cares? I'll just go faster...adrenaline keeps you warm.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:55 AM

Well, won't get my camera back until monday, so here are some unedited background/shop landmark identifiable pics.

You've seen some of these, but what the crap. Bike is beautiful.

I put a carbon fiber looking tank protector on the thing yesterday, not shown here, while I stood in my garage, looking at the
miserable **** rain outside.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12880/182B05B55FA44007AEDF8E37C821BA71.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12880/E5DC758477484FFD8873218F506FEBD0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-15-2007, 05:40 AM

She's a purdy bike. One of my buddies from HS, may he be safe on his deployment, has one in that color. We actually purchased our bikes at the same time. They are most certainly a treat to ride.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:54 AM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

She's a purdy bike. One of my buddies from HS, may he be safe on his deployment, has one in that color. We actually purchased our bikes at the same time. They are most certainly a treat to ride.
No doubt...and thanks.

Once I get some time, dry weather, and daylight...the passenger pegs and bracket are coming off.

Side reflectors, removed and tossed into one of my "unnecessary parts" boxes.

(If it don't show or make go, it gets tossed.)

The oil and filter are getting changed to a Repsol semi-synthetic. (Then after another 3k on the clock...full synthetic Repsol Race oil).

I like to go in steps from the standard crap oil then gradually to the full blown ultra slick stuff.

That way the rings and all the other engine parts have had plenty of time to settle in.

Just a personal philosophy I have...hope it's right. Has worked well thus far..so...

Then a most probably a Jardine full or slip-on exhaust, fender eliminator kit, the new butterfly/daisy petal discs,
a Power Commander, maybe even some upgraded forks,

Anyway, the ultimate goal is that in 3-4 months my bike looks and runs as close as possible to this:

[IMG]local://upfiles/12880/C03332A324434C0EA0148F39F9E6DFD9.jpg[/IMG]

My idea of absolute beauty and attitude. Your results may vary.

Quick Reply: Tommorrow I test ride the 600RR!!!