thank god for sliders!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thank god for sliders!

Well guys and girls I have to say that yesterday I had my first full speed fall. I finnally got to make it to the canyons.. I made it all the way up there but on the way down for some reason For wich I have no idea I lost my focus thru one of the turns and down she went. I just didnt think I was gonna make it next thing I knew I was headed for the side of the road..waiting for me was a nice pacth of sand and down I went..I must have rolled about 10 times down the road...one moment I was like uh ohh and the next I was telling myself just pull your arms in and you'll be allright...besides putting holes in the palms of my gloves and a lil scratch on my wrist amazingly I came out pretty damn good. I had a small tear in my jacket also (life saver) and its one of them textile jackets too...scratched the lens on my helmet a lil too..as for my bike I'd say thanks to the sliders I put on the damage was minimum I just need to sand and repaint the scratces on the tail the tank cover the middle fairing and the fron and Im straight. I even got right back on and finished the ride like nuthin never happen...although it did kinda scare the begezus out of me when it was going down...The funny thing is that the guys I was riding wit was like ..yep happened to us the first time too so Im just glad I got it over with....

Old 10-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Default RE: thank god for sliders!

Hey wats up
Glad you made it alright out of it...Lucky you.
Just be careful man...

Ok I have similar damage on my fairings (back and tank and other stufff). My fairings are red and black ones for the 06 and I wanted to know how are you going to repaint yours to just make em look new you know what i mean...I want mine to look red and black the way they come originally...Currently on my bike i have all black fairings but i would love to put red and black to switch it sometime...
well if you can please put some pictures and detailed procedure how u did it????

Thanx a lot...

Again glad you are okay buddy...take care now...

Jimmy

Old 10-03-2006, 02:12 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whew! Almost had something like that happen to me the other day. Don't ask me how I kept mine up in soft sand either.

Anyway, glad to hear you're alright. You scratched up the rear fairing right? About 3 inches below the "600RR" decal on the rear? I just sanded it down, smoothed it all out and created some sick looking vinyls to cover it (Since my bike is black on red, I used black). I didn't feel like repainting it, and it only scratched it a little, so I covered it. Many people (even other 600RR owners) think that they are stock. Here's a picture of it:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  83.7 KB

Old 10-03-2006, 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Whew! Almost had something like that happen to me the other day. Don't ask me how I kept mine up in soft sand either.

Anyway, glad to hear you're alright. You scratched up the rear fairing right? About 3 inches below the "600RR" decal on the rear? I just sanded it down, smoothed it all out and created some sick looking vinyls to cover it (Since my bike is black on red, I used black). I didn't feel like repainting it, and it only scratched it a little, so I covered it. Many people (even other 600RR owners) think that they are stock. Here's a picture of it:

Blue Fox, small threadjack here...I REALLY like the way your wheels look. Did you paint the words on your tires yellow? With what? And red rim tape? Which one?

Thanks!!

And I'm very happy my friend who went down is OK. I have yet to on my RR, but I've been down before on my other bikes over the years.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:00 PM

Having that mark on your rear cowl is like sport bike passage of rights

[IMG]local://upfiles/2637/84390CB2BC0B4FDFA7C384CB0654EDBC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-03-2006, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

+1

Old 10-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

Oh, its there (just hidden under a bit of vinyl is all). It's brand new, I wanted to keep it looking the same as it did when it came off the showroom floor. lol.