TESTING WATERS patched tire

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TESTING WATERS patched tire

i was just wondering if any would be interest in buy a tire that had a bolt in it. it is a dunlop sportmax 218k 180/55/17 with 780 miles on it. i am seeing when i take it off and get a new one if any one would want to buy it for like 50 bucks or so. or i will keep it for a spare i will send pics if i decide to see it please let me know

Old 11-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Default RE: TESTING WATERS patched tire

Any bike tire that has been patched or plugged belongs in the garbage. Chances are too great that the patch or plug will give out, and I'd hate to be movin 100+ when it happens. Not to mention... 50 bucks? I can get a patched/plugged tire for free from any of the bike shops around here, cus who wants to run a ruined tire? Sorry if this sounds like a hate post... I just really despise plugged/patched bike tires, scares me.

Old 11-18-2005, 03:43 PM
L8X

dude, throw it away. dont cause another rider potential harm

Old 11-19-2005, 12:56 AM

don't throw it away
Keep it, patch it, inflate it, get you're camera out and Blow the ****ing thing off it's great fun but make sure you spray you're undertail with pam or something so it's not too hard to clean so yeah I recomend if you are a newbie putting a bit of sand under you're rear hold the front break and hit the gas around 9-10 rpm and let it out should be a good smoke show get it on camera and post it somewhere it's allot of fun Drive it like you stole it that's what I always say :-)

Old 11-19-2005, 08:27 PM
c45

ORIGINAL: Mr Bling

don't throw it away
Keep it, patch it, inflate it, get you're camera out and Blow the ****ing thing off it's great fun but make sure you spray you're undertail with pam or something so it's not too hard to clean so yeah I recomend if you are a newbie putting a bit of sand under you're rear hold the front break and hit the gas around 9-10 rpm and let it out should be a good smoke show get it on camera and post it somewhere it's allot of fun Drive it like you stole it that's what I always say :-)
i second that

Old 11-19-2005, 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr Bling

don't throw it away
ANd a couple of still shots....might even get you ROTM

Old 11-20-2005, 02:59 AM
Retired Administrator

and if you launch the bike trying to do the burnout, it might end up on our stupid video list... j/k. Burn the bitch... have fun with it.

Old 11-20-2005, 03:32 AM

i would not want to in danger others i just saw on my other thread that some guy dont mind riding on patch tires, i my self will not ride on a patch or one with a nail in it because my safety is the most important thing to me. thanks for the hit later

Old 11-20-2005, 01:50 PM

That other guy might be me, I've been riding on patched tires for years and I know a lot of other seasoned (old) riders that ride on patched tires too...I haven't had a blow out yet and I don't know of any people that have had a patched tire blow out on them either. I do know the stealerships will try to sell you a new tire if you ask to have them patch one, the stealership by me will patch cruiser tires, but not sport bike tires...WTF?

It depends on how bad the hole is and where it's located on the tire...I won't patch side walls and will only use umbrella patches, so if you ride over 100mph all the time I wouldn't recommend patching your tires (or riding on the streets), but for riding responsibly and staying near the speed limits, I have no issues with patching motorcycle tires.

To each his own and if you patch a tire, just be advised that something COULD happen...

Old 11-21-2005, 01:50 AM
L8X

i guess patching a cage would be ok but man, one tire gives out on ur bike and.....

Quick Reply: TESTING WATERS patched tire