Survived an Accident the first day

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Survived an Accident the first day

Guys I dint know if I wanted to put this up or not because of lot of jackasses out there....But I really want to share this because it will certainly prove couple of things and those of you who are really nice out there thanx a lot in advance...

I got the Bike first day...I had practiced and practiced but first new bike is always different feeling.
I am getting out fo the dealership - Went straight Home...WOW mom loved it dad wasnt home I really wanted to ride it again...Took of with my friend ( he was on his bike ofcourse and i had promised my mom that till i dont learn it perffect iwont go on the freeway nor m i going to be ever myself) me and my friend went to a college parking lot and I practiced my new bike RED and BLACK it was nice hot and sexy looking OHhh yeh i had sliders installed from the dealership the day I got it the first freaking day cuz i kno lots of you said it will help n i listened to your advice...I drove to my other friends house and showed him the bike he loved it he gets in his car and follows up I am approaching long beach where I wanted to show it to my friends and was going to be my final destination. I wasnt even 2 miles away from home My friend on bike next to me ... the other friend in the next lane on the left....Light turns green we all take off ... i got a slow start i was third and from the right side comes a truck trying to make a right in my lane... he turn right behind me knocking my back wheel and throws me in the air sliding mY new bike with hardly 40 milez on it and hardly had it for 4 hours n i can see it sliding and going away from me..I HAD FULL GEAR ON so nothing happened to me but i was so pissed inside I look back and WOW no truck no one there...my friends came n said : u alright - i was like that motherfu ran away...luckily the street had cameras cops came made a report I had full insurance and everything Payment protection and all...well they covered the entire bike price and had nothing to pay for it basically got to ride for 3 hours and totalled the bike completely...well anyways I am fine for those who are concerned (so nice of you) but this last monday i picked up another CBR since they dint have any left till now...the first bike they got a black one I bought it and 8700 same price and all...ALL BLACK THIS TIME... I was back on the road again 175 miles on it in 3 days...all street riding... worked on emergency braking, swirwing ...U turns ... Left turns smooth right turn...well aint good yet but practicing...practice makes a man perfect right???

Well hopefully u see how F'ed up the situation was First day my bike was totalled SUCKS aint it...Hmmm i hope some ppl can some some cheerful words...

Ohh by the way PD looked at the video My light was green I was Solo in the lane...enough distance behind my friend and I had the right of the way...While they got the plate of the Truck guy and he is going to jail buddies...FOR SURE...I will get to meet him on the 14th in court so yep we will see how it goes...I dont want to hold anything against him by I dont want him to go out and be careless and kill some fellow riders u kno...

Wait one question how do you guys react to the "all of sudden situations" like some1 just pops out of no where... and while slowing down for Yellow light or RED lol watever ...do you let the downshift gears slow down mostly first and then use the brakes or use the brakes from the beginning? what I do is let go of the throttle...press the clutch n down shift...5 4 3 and release a little cluth after its in like 35ish mph and just take it to neutral slowly again and then let go of the clutch and use the brakez after that....somewhat ... i kno i need to know a better way and thats y i am asking you...Crap I wrote a lot hopefully you have time to read it sorry if it was boring...but i do have a new bike now YEP YEPPPP...I m going to put some pictures up real soon but waiting for my new car to come SUPRISE well i should just tell u ... Itz t

Old 09-29-2006, 02:29 AM
Default RE: Survived an Accident the first day

Holy run on sentence Batman!!!

That totally sucks Dude, but at least you didn't get hurt, you got another new bike out of the deal and justice will be served on a cold platter!!!

It's honestly "us against them" out on the roads and I don't let any one get close to me at all...period!!! I don't let cages drive next to me, get in my blind spot (yes we have them too) or get too close behind me...nor do I ride too close to another vehicle! I will split lanes, squeeze through a tight spot, ride on the shoulder or do what ever it takes to avoid an incident!

Be safe!!!

Old 09-29-2006, 02:30 AM

Glad youre OK. Yes it sucks whrecking your bike on the 1st day.

On emergency situations i clutch it, and brake, after i'm out of danger, I downshift and ride out of there. when I am anticipating a potentialy situation, I normally ease off the gas, down shift brake a little and rev match and disengauge the clutch. Its aalways good to be on a lower gear if you need to accelerate out of a dangerous situation.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:35 AM

well sorry to hear about your accident....i hope that bastard gets what he deserve!! As Im sure everyone else does. I just have one piece of advice for you and it will most definately help you out...plus you hear again and again from the vets...dude take the motorgygle safety class before you get on the bike again..Although you may learn how to ride your bike on your own..the class will teach what to watchout for on the streets.Things like where to ride so everyone can see you and all kinds of safe ways to ride. you should consider yourself lucky. I just got my first bike in june also (silver 600 rr 2006) I bought it a week b4 I took my safetyclass but I did not get on it untill the class ended. I took it in Tustin...Anyway they will teach you everything you need to know to get your lisense and you can even get it without taking the driving part at the DMV...The most important thing is they teach you how to ride safe. I can't tell you how many close calls I've had scince I've had my bike but becuz I had the knowledge from the safety course thats all they were..close calls...stay alive ride safe!!

Old 09-29-2006, 02:43 AM

thats quite a story!! sucks tho.. really glad your okay and REALLY, REALLY glad you were able to catch that scumbag!!

i tend to engine brake all the time, always be watching everyone, always have your brakes "ready for action" and/or your throttle to "jump" out of the these situations..........

Old 09-29-2006, 02:54 AM

Thanx for your replies and comments and yeh i am enrolled in the MSF course bcz I wont have to take the test you know....well n it will teach me a lot too...but its always best to ask and know as much as you can so i ask questions and you know guys ... there are lot of you here with **** load o experience n if you could just share tiny bit of your knowledge it would b great ... so thanx again ...late

Jimmy

Old 09-29-2006, 03:02 AM

More comments please

Old 09-29-2006, 03:10 AM

WOW! Man that really sucks dude. Glad you're okay and that you got a new bike out of it. Hope you put that trucker away to keep the streets safe for everyone. Sometimes you can do everything right and be as safe as you can and yet still there are jerks out there with wreckless disregard for others.

Keep your head on a swivel, constantly looking and watching what other cars are doing and for hazards on the road. You gotta learn to blip the throttle and downshift properly so that you come to a smooth stop and the bike doesn't lurch through the gears (which I'm guessing happens when you downshift). DON'T PUT IT IN NEUTRAL AND COAST TO A STOP!! If you're in neutal and something happens suddenly you won't be able to manoeuver accelerate quickly and out of danger. Always keep it in gear until you come to a complete stop, and even while you're waiting at the light. Again, you never know when some idiot cager behind you is gonna be talking on their cell phone and forget to brake. These are just some of the things that you'll learn in a safety course.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:23 AM

wow im glad your OK. please let us know how it goes in court. punks like him/her without the decency to check if you were ok should go to hell.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:25 AM

yeah, i tend to always look in my mirror when coming to a stop to watch the car behind me and make sure they are stopping.

Quick Reply: Survived an Accident the first day