stoppie damage, continued

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stoppie damage, continued

I dont recall saying that the rear shock will be damaged from stoppie but I did say it will wear out the shock quicker.
However, I was the one who said that kawasakis arent know as stunt machines. 2nd in stunting, really? I been to a few bike events and every event had a stunting demo. There were atleast 15-20 stunt riders in the stunt pit and never did I see a kawi in there.

It is self evident that after the f4i the second choice for stunting is between gsxr 600/750 and 929/900. This is the consensus all over the US. We all seen stunt videos and 95% of those bikes are either hondas or suzukies.

It is possible that with in my region that kawis are not favored as a stunt bike but there is a crap load of them on the streets. They are good bikes after all. Not to say that you cant use kawis or any other bikes for stunts, Im sure you can but those bikes arent really know for that, right?

ORIGINAL: sdfkillz
yah stoppies do wear on your bike, but not so bad if done correctly. ive been stunting bikes for 5 years now and ive only ever blown fork seals on my first bike which was an r6 and attribute that to dropping wheelies real hard
My question is; how do you do a stoppie correctly so there will be less damage?
Im sure there is a way for the rear to come down from a 5ft drop with a 400lb load and hit the ground as soft as a cloud but I havent learned that trip yet. Will you please help me?

Old 10-23-2007, 03:45 PM

its not my opinion that the 636 is the 2nd most popular stuntbike. look on stuntlife.com or stuntusa.com the f4i is always first and the 636 in a close 2nd in all the "best stuntbike" polls. maybe 5 years ago ppl loved suzukis and 929/900s but the stunt game is a whole different deal now, its much more technical and much less power oriented. the big bikes are much too twitchy on throttle response to make good stuntbikes, although they are still used just very few ppl do. f4i and 636 are loved because of how smooth the power delivery is as well as being 2 of the more durable and easy to find parts for. take a look at some of the top riders
A.C Farius 636 Joe Molina F4i
Aaron Colton 636 Teach 600rr
Kane zx6r Bill D r6/r1
Nick Apex 636 Darius F4i
Joe Vertical 636 Tice 600rr
T-Neck 636 Borne F4i
Bubash 636 Dan Herz F4i
Manny Nieto 636 Bullo 600rr
Edub 636 Streetfighterz Team all f4i's used to run 954's
John Legion 636 ***** Suicidl F4i
Tony D 636 Gary Hefernen F4i
i could go on forever with the kawi riders, all those names are VERY well known in the stunt industry those are the guys on the top of the game and at all of the major competitions. There is almost noone riding any liter bikes or 750s. actually jason britton is the only top pro that i can even think of that rides a suzuki and its a 600. only person that uses a liter bike is Bill D and he only uses it for longest stoppie contests and fastest wheelie. and to answer the question about doing stoppies so theres less damage, its the same idea as letting down a wheelie softer by accelerating while comming down to soften the shock to the suspension, you let off the brake at the end of the stoppie and then push forward on the bars and get ur *** out of the seat and get back on the brake so theres not so much weight and momentum comming down as well as making sure the bike is straight, comming down carrying speed with the back out sideways is not good for the bike at all. its a little something u can do to lessen the effects of dropping it down.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:59 AM

lot of good info sdfkillz. i've become less concerned with damaging the bike, as i've found that around here, people want a sport bike bad enough that they will take one that's been stunted. i'll just have fun on it while i have it. and yeah, i'm wearing gear anytime i ride hard or stunt, because i've been down twice in the past 2 weeks from stupid mistakes. one was landing a stoppie sideways (in answer to the question above, it depends on the speed. if i start the stoppie at 40, i'm only holding it for maybe 20 feet. if i start at 60, maybe 50 feet), and the other was yesterday when i lowsided in some dirt and slid a good 20 or 30 feet. this time, though I had my leather jacket on, and while it barely even got scuffed, it definitely saved my ***. gonna have to buy a new helmet though - that's the second fall in this one, and now i've got rash AND impact marks lol ...but yeah, anyway, thanks for the advice.